The England Thread

Pilko

Guest bimpy474

Rooney should be asking for a refund.

Dunno its made me fancy a bowl of shredded wheat.

Guest bimpy474

Staying tight is good but if we go behind to a good side we will be fecked, all i can see if 1-0 down is throw on the giraffe and hoy it into the box.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

This kind of set up is definitely the one with the highest chance of success, yeah. Likes of Welbeck, Young and Walcott will be useful as the outball, just keep tight and compact in the middle. Probably put Milner and Parker together in the middle, Gerrard behind Welbeck and then Walcott and Young out wide until Rooney's back.

Guest bimpy474

Don't see what all the fuss about Hazard is about..

Yes well said, i also have made my mind up after 74 mins of this game that he is pure shit.

It's not pretty (in fact, it's distinctly ugly) but this team of eleven English workhorses is England's best bet for progressing in the tournament. If they turn up trying to play football with the pool of players available to them, they'll be humiliated quite frankly.

England have more chance in this tournament than any recent one.

The best any manager can do with such a limited set of players (Downing, Carroll and Henderson, FFS, after their season) is organise them and hope for the best. Woy organises his teams very tightly indeed.

Throw in the fact that there isn't just no ridiculous OTT expectation, but that everyone has pretty much written England off, and I think we'll do pretty well.

The pressure is off, we're organised, and we're just going to see how it pans out. It might just work.

Agree with that. Other teams competing aren't exactly pulling up trees. Expecting a low quality tournament (hopefully high entertainment) but with a workmanlike, solid but unspectacular team like England playing the percentages and winning it.

If Germany or France or Holland click, then any of them could walk it though.

Guest Wally_McFool

Think I'll stick £20 on England to win the Euros on the grounds that they'll probably bore everyone to death.

Yes well said, i also have made my mind up after 74 mins of this game that he is pure s***.

Nah not really he's just playing in a position he does'nt understand for the first time.... i dont care who you are if you get shunted into a position you have never played before you will look average....

He will look good as long Chelsea are smart enough to play him in a position he understands and realise he's not a centre forward.

Guest bimpy474

Yes well said, i also have made my mind up after 74 mins of this game that he is pure s***.

Nah not really he's just playing in a position he does'nt understand for the first time.... i dont care who you are if you get shunted into a position you have never played before you will look average....

He will look good as long Chelsea are smart enough to play him in a position he understands and realise he's not a centre forward.

While the answer you gave is good, in fact perfect now i look closer at it, but i was taking the pee with my post, thought you might have noticed :D