The England Thread

Pilko

Scott Parker is causing me to have a seizure with his piss poor give and go passing.

There are times when he has the ball and there's quite a few runs ahead of him. Every time, he twitches for bit ignores them all and nudges the ball 2 yard to Gerrard.

He doesn't seem to be able to kick the ball in any direction bar forward or any distance more than 5 yards. Total waste of time.

Fuck all triangles in the middle of the park either making the passing go from side to side and eventually backwards.

Gerrard and Welbeck are the ones playing with any confidence. Rooney looks out of sorts. Milner hasn't got into it. Generally, we're too passive in our approach.

If I wasn't English, I'd be desperate to see this team get knocked out.

jesus christ, Milner is bloody awful. What the hell is he supposed to be good at?

Said it before but his ONLY use is as a shuffling water carrier in the middle of the park.

That's it. He's completely and utterly pointless for the most part.

Hart is smashing it long too often. If we're gonna do that, Carroll needs to be on the pitch.

That's the thing I don't get, we are clearly not going to play much football on the deck so why not play to our games strengths and have Carroll with Rooney/Welbeck for knock downs. Never understand hoofing the ball up to strikers who do are either to small or just can't play that way - same as when we were doing it last season at times and getting nowhere

Genius from Roy. Play Ukraine as if they are Spain, purposefully forfeit posession to simulate probable quarter final. What could possibly go wrong?

Might win and get Italy :pow:

The difference going forward was very obvious against Sweden when Walcott replaced Milner. Milner rarely has possession for us past the half way line so far. I'd rather play him in the middle than lumbering out on the wing.

We have looked more resilient than normal, but I think that we have a relatively kinder group compared to groups B and C. I think once/if we come up against one of the better sides of the tournament we'll be shown up. But still, things are going well and I think we should have enough to see this lot off.

C'mon England!!