The England Thread

Pilko

Ferdinand is miles ahead of Upson etc. He's had a bad few months on the back of 3 years as the best CB in the world.

Rubbish. He's never been the best CB in the world in my eyes. Terry has always been miles better.

Ferdinand is miles ahead of Upson etc. He's had a bad few months on the back of 3 years as the best CB in the world.

Rubbish. He's never been the best CB in the world in my eyes. Terry has always been miles better.

At what, burning flags?

Copied straight from mine York?  O0

Ha, aye. I looked back at a couple of em and i think the only difference was you putting Bridge in. Bridge has really fallen by the wayside imo. With the likes of Lescott and Brown in there you've got options right across the defense so i reckon they'd be more worth the inclusion. In a high-tempo, pressurized and short competition like the World Cup - in a hot country too - i think it's better to have a collection of players with more diversity; rather than it being full of players strictly capable of playing in only one position.

At what, burning flags?

Oh the wit. You should definitely praise yourself for that.

I shall, I do.

Seriously, what's Terry better at? In the air, i'll give you.

Maybe 'miles better' was a bit of an overstatement. But rare though they are, I've seen Rio make more mistakes.

I also think that Terry is tested more in the Chelsea defence than Ferdinand is in the Man U defence, at least prior to this season - I think he's had quite a comfortable few years, which portrays him being better than he actually is.

DBTheTruth (Bent)

Thank you for messages still loved every minute of it People often ask me who's the best player I've played against For me now its kaka wow

:lol: aye because Kaka was absolutely lethal tonight like.

DBTheTruth (Bent)

Thank you for messages still loved every minute of it People often ask me who's the best player I've played against For me now its kaka wow

:lol: aye because Kaka was absolutely lethal tonight like.

He was compared to Bent.

:lol:

Jenas? England?

JENAS?

ENGLAND?!

JENAS?!

My reaction exactly. I thought we'd passed this bizarre phase a few years ago.

i saw him intervied somewhere last week talking about, champions league, and world cup for himself.

Trying to think of a goldfish bowl related pun.

go back to top.

Green

Johnson   Ferdinand   Terry   A Cole

Gerrard   Hargreaves   Lampard   J Cole

Rooney   Heskey

Very much dependant on Hargreaves and Joe Cole showing the type of form demonstrated before injuries. If not i'd replace them with Lennon and Carrick.

That'd be my team, although I might still have Barry ahead of Carrick in terms of backup to Hargreaves. I find it bizarre that people wouldn't pick Heskey still, I've ranted about it a few times on here but he's been essential to the formation that we've played and has got the best out of our best players under Fabs.