The England Thread

Pilko

Decent shift from us, better than I expected.

I find Milner frustrating, but Johnson more so than him. It's the whole giving the ball away in the middle of key moments when in the final third. It's killing our attacks. Cole and Young are doing good on the left, but they need to stick more balls in the box because they seem to want to cut it back so we keep possession but we lose the momentum of the attack.

Think the rest are doing well. A few dodgy moments defensively but some good moments too. No idea which way this will go, it's quite open for either team. I am getting a bit sick of our going back to the keeper and hoofing it forward. Our national game needs to start doing what other teams do in terms of passing it out from the back from the keeper. We always seem to get ourselves under pressure when playing the ball back to the keeper and it's mostly because we don't have more players dropping deep and giving options to start another attack. Everyone moves forward to pick up scraps from a hoof. We lose the ball far too much from this in addition to the poor moments from Johnson and Milner.

Rooney started off poorly, but has started to find his touch.

Our best performance by far. It's like the pressure's off now that we've got through the group stages, and they're all playing with more confidence.

Balotelli looks like a red card in the making.

Welbeck and milner off.

Welbeck's doing his job very well. He isn't a goal threat, but then i don't think that's his primary function in the side. That should be the likes of Rooney, who's been fucking garbage, and Young - who i can't even remember touching the ball.

Gerrard and Parker have been fantastic, particularly the former. Ropey at the back positionally and every time i watch Glen Johnson for England, fucking hell it makes me think about Richards. We'd be so much better if he was there instead; Johnson's fucking gash.

Getting bored as f*** of the moaning about every little thing Balotelli does. Yes he's eccentric at times but the commentary is ridiculous. Give it a rest ffs.

Mercurial.

Rooney started off poorly, but has started to find his touch.

Our best performance by far. It's like the pressure's off now that we've got through the group stages, and they're all playing with more confidence.

Balotelli looks like a red card in the making.

He's looked more likely to score than get sent off.

Getting bored as fuck of the moaning about every little thing Balotelli does. Yes he's eccentric at times but the commentary is ridiculous. Give it a rest ffs.

It's getting beyond a joke now. He's a 'character', we get it.