The England Thread

Pilko

I'd play a right-back at right-back personally. I can't say there are many English RBs who I can think of that should be in ahead of Walker/Johnson... sadly.

Richards ahead of Walker when he's fit.

I'd play a right-back at right-back personally. I can't say there are many English RBs who I can think of that should be in ahead of Walker/Johnson... sadly.

I'd do this.. if he actually gets played for City.

Just remembered that Martin Kelly was in our EURO2012 squad. :pokerface:

Guest Roger Kint

I'd do this.. if he actually gets played for City.

Just remembered that Martin Kelly was in our EURO2012 squad. :pokerface:

Liverpools disaster season and just about every English player they had was on that plane :lol:

Is Richards knackered? Haven't seen him for ages.

Reckon my preferred England (all fit) team would be:

Hart

Richards Smalling Cahill Cole/Baines*

Wilshere Carrick

Chamberlain Rooney Young

Welbeck

*dependent on attacking threat of opponent

It's not that good but it should qualify at least. The paucity of quality players in numerous positions is startling.

Hart, Walker, Smalling, Lescott, Baines, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lampard, Cleverley, Young, Rooney, Defoe.

Dreadful that like, looks more like it should be our B-team. There doesn't even seem like any form of optimism developing from anyone coming through

Is Richards knackered? Haven't seen him for ages.

Reckon my preferred England (all fit) team would be:

Hart

Richards Smalling Cahill Cole/Baines*

Wilshere Carrick

Chamberlain Rooney Young

Welbeck

*dependent on attacking threat of opponent

It's not that good but it should qualify at least. The paucity of quality players in numerous positions is startling.

The spine of that is pretty good but the wings and fullbacks leave a lot to be desired.

Guest firetotheworks

Would it be fair to say that Glen Johnson's best form was when he played right wing? I remember that being when he was shit hot at Portsmouth and then getting the move to Liverpool, who then played him at right back. That's how I remember it anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

What's more important for you:

England or Newcastle?

Put it this way. I'd rather Newcastle won the League Cup, than England won the World Cup. It's probably even more extreme than that as well, tbh.

f*** you guys are even worse than portuguese fans!  :mike: :mike: :mike:

Here there's always the idea that the national team serves the interest of the most influent teams/business man, in order to promote the players they want to make business with.

I'm always behind England and it does piss me off when I see them inevitably get cheated out of a competition or fail to turn up like they did last year.  However if it came down to a choice of seeing England win the World Cup or Newcastle winning the League Cup in my lifetime it would be the League Cup for me.

The England squad tends to be a club for media darling players, if a player isn't from london or from man united or city then they have to be exceptional to force their way into the team at all (see Baines).

Guest firetotheworks

There's definitely a lack of belonging or pride with England. I haven't felt it at all probably since 2004. Even then it was just at the Euros. Probably 1999 onwards I've barely been arsed about England at all.

Most of the squad are arse holes. I'm not going back them for being English arse holes. They're arse holes!