The England Thread

Pilko

I'd invite Walcott and then kick him off the plane just as it was taking off. No chance.

Rooney has to go, Heskey ain't great but seems to work really well in the Capello system, Defoe and either Bent to stretch teams later on or Cole if he can regain his form from last year.

I'd invite Walcott and then kick him off the plane just as it was taking off. No chance.

Rooney has to go, Heskey ain't great but seems to work really well in the Capello system, Defoe and either Bent to stretch teams later on or Cole if he can regain his form from last year.

no crouch? I ain't english but surely he has to go 20 goals in what 37 games, thats mighty impressive and while he does turn a team into a long ball side almost immediatly hes not a bad option to have on the bench

Woops, was meant to quote ElDiablo fella.

Whilst I'd obviously take Defoe, I'm not positive him and Rooney can hit it off as a pairing. Not really sure about their record together, could be entirely wrong.

defoe needs a big man to play off if you ask me

I think we should drop lampard, and use crouch behind 2 strikers, as alink up player. Atmo we have no left sided player, even joe cole doesnt tend to stay wide, no point playing 442 atmo.

rooney/heskey to start+defo as sub.  Start crouch vs lesser teams.  lampard OR gerrard not both to start a game.

I think we should drop lampard, and use crouch behind 2 strikers, as alink up player. Atmo we have no left sided player, even joe cole doesnt tend to stay wide, no point playing 442 atmo.

rooney/heskey to start+defo as sub.  Start crouch vs lesser teams.  lampard OR gerrard not both to start a game.

I don't see the problem with your left-side.

Play Milner there for god sake and give him a free role kind of. He was great when he got subbed in last night. Play Gerrard to the right/middle with Lampard and Carrick and put either Rooney uptop with HEsky/Crouch/Bent or Agbonlahor playing off him with Milner.

More problems than solutions after last night like. Particularly in the midfield.

Carrick made a really good case for being paired with Barry as the two deeper central midfielders, but then that means you're fitting square pegs into round holes in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 as far as Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard go.

However, I still think there's a case for Rooney to be the focal point of the attack (as he is now for Man Utd) and then you'd be able to keep Gerrard and Lampard in (which I think is inevitable unless injury occurs) and slot someone else in one of the attacking midfield positions - hopefully Joe Cole if he's still fit and back to form.

Loads of options from the bench then with the likes of Crouch, Milner, Lennon/SWP/Walcott, Beckham, etc.

23 man squad. My pick would be:

Rob Green

Joe Hart

Ashley Cole/Stephen Warnock if Cole's not fit

Leighton Baines

Wes Brown

Mich Richards

John Terry

Rio

Upson

Lescott

Carrick

Gerrard

Lampard

Barry

Joe Cole

Stewart Downing

James Milner

Wright Philips

Aaron Lennon

Carlton Cole

Peter Crouch

Wayne Rooney

Jermain Defoe

2 keepers, bad idea.

Aye, pure waste of a squad place that like. I'd just take the one.

How often do keepers get injured? I reckon it's daft taking 3, especially when Rooney can play there if need be

2 keepers, bad idea.

How often do keepers get injured? I reckon it's daft taking 3, especially when Rooney can play there if need be

:lol:

Touché, sir.

Guest Stephen927

2 keepers, bad idea.

Depends on if you take Kirkland.