The England Thread

Pilko

Am I the only one who saw Wilshere's comments and thought "what the fuck has it got to do with him?"

He's only been playing for England for five minutes, it's absolutely none of his business.

P.s agree with the fact that it's mental Januzaj has scored one brace and is now being touted as an England player. Macheda says hi from Doncaster.

Guest firetotheworks

Mongoloids? :lol:

Yeah mate. It was a joke based around the point that a great deal of us have widely diversified genetics. For example, my Mam and Dad are English, I was born in England, my grandmother is Welsh, my great grandad is Norwegian, and my surname is Irish.

Thanks.

Guest firetotheworks

Am I the only one who saw Wilshere's comments and thought "what the f*** has it got to do with him?"

He's only been playing for England for five minutes, it's absolutely none of his business.

P.s agree with the fact that it's mental Januzaj has scored one brace and is now being touted as an England player. Macheda says hi from Doncaster.

He has as much right to say it as anyone tbf. We've all got an opinion and we haven't even played for England for five minutes.

Guest icemanblue

Yeah mate. It was a joke based around the point that a great deal of us have widely diversified genetics. For example, my Mam and Dad are English, I was born in England, my grandmother is Welsh, my great grandad is Norwegian, and my surname is Irish.

Thanks.

No worries. But, unless you have some asian lineage in there somewhere, I think you may have the wrong word. Did you mean mongrel, possibly?

He won't be eligible under Home Nations rules anyway. Kinda pointless discussing or monitoring him when he won't be called up.

Exactly. And he's scored two goals, f***ing laughable.

This is what I DESPISE about the England national team. ONE GOOD GAME!!! Now, he deserves to be called up  :icon_scratch:

Surely playing well for at least a season should warrant a call up. Thought international football was the pinnacle of a players career?

Really grinds my gears when someone eligible to play for England can have a good game or a good run of form, and suddenly be considered one of the 11 best players in England.

Guest firetotheworks

Thanks.

No worries. But, unless you have some asian lineage in there somewhere, I think you may have the wrong word. Did you mean mongrel, possibly?

Nope, Mongoloid is what I meant.

There was no serious suggestion that we're all Asian, silly. It was more to do with the quantity and variety of women that Genghis Khan impregnated during the Mongol Invasions.

Guest firetotheworks

I've seen him have 2 very good games, fwiw.

Aye, it comes with the territory as well. The general media concensus seems to be If you're English and good enough to play for Man U/ManC/Chelsea/Arsenal and to a lesser extent Liverpool and Spurs, then you're good enough to play for England. On paper it makes sense, but not always in practice. Gareth Barry and Tom Cleverley being the examples I would use as players that are not good enough for either their teams, or their countries.

Aye, it comes with the territory as well. The general media concensus seems to be If you're English and good enough to play for Man U/ManC/Chelsea/Arsenal and to a lesser extent Liverpool and Spurs, then you're good enough to play for England. On paper it makes sense, but not always in practice. Gareth Barry and Tom Cleverley being the examples I would use as players that are not good enough for either their teams, or their countries.

The alternatives are no better. After them who is there? Osman? Barry's been a better player than Osman.

Guest firetotheworks

The alternatives are no better. After them who is there? Osman? Barry's been a better player than Osman.

I dunno like, I prefer chalk over cheese.

I didn't say anything about alternatives, I just said that those two players aren't good enough for their teams, or for England.

Guest firetotheworks

Carrick should have been in Barry's place. Far superior player.

An absolute given like. Carrick should have been much more involved or starting for a really long time. Possibly since about 2006-ish.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Barry is very under rated.

Cleverley is the opposite.

He won't be eligible under Home Nations rules anyway. Kinda pointless discussing or monitoring him when he won't be called up.

Exactly. And he's scored two goals, f***ing laughable.

This is what I DESPISE about the England national team. ONE GOOD GAME!!! Now, he deserves to be called up  :icon_scratch:

Surely playing well for at least a season should warrant a call up. Thought international football was the pinnacle of a players career?

Really grinds my gears when someone eligible to play for England can have a good game or a good run of form, and suddenly be considered one of the 11 best players in England.

it seems to be a general reaction to any young player just starting out who has a good game, similar reaction to Barkley after the 1st game of the season and already he's been linked with every big club going

So, Harry claiming that all the senior players texted him with their support before Hodgson was appointed. I thought Harry didn't know how to text?

Bo it's read and write 'Arry can't do.  Completely unrelated.

Guest firetotheworks

That whole text things always reminds me of Lucille Bluth saying 'The SEC are making him out to be some kind of mastermind, which believe me, he's not. The man could barely work our shredder!' :lol: It's just dripping with guilt.

Januzaj looks very good but it's so early to be calling for him to be in the England team. Both he and his father seem patient when it comes to international football, but he's ages away from being eligible as it stands. Isn't his preferred choice Kosovo if they become a FIFA affiliated team?

So, Harry claiming that all the senior players texted him with their support before Hodgson was appointed. I thought Harry didn't know how to text?

He just said on the radio he'd "only sent a few in his life"  :whistle:

scotald yerd pls