The England Thread

Pilko

Thoughts are that there is a distinct lack of centre backs in that squad and Caulker is picked on the back of a 4 nil howking but Williamson isn't after a sublime display against Villa.

I also thought Defoe was injured??

I also think Andros Townsend is a crock of s***.

Im surrounded by spurs fans where i live and 95% of them prefer Lennon over Townsend which tells you everything you need to know about Townsend.

Townsend looked bright for England and that's why he's in. The first choice thing is bollocks because the top 4-6 teams rotate anyhow. Glad to see Shaw in and hope he gets a trot. Would obviously have liked to see Cleverley f***ed off maybe for Livermore who's been excellent of late.

I can't see cleverley going to the World Cup you would have thought Gerrard,  Carrick, Lampard, Wiltshire, Barkley and even Henderson on form would all get in before him.

Thoughts are that there is a distinct lack of centre backs in that squad and Caulker is picked on the back of a 4 nil howking but Williamson isn't after a sublime display against Villa.

Im surrounded by spurs fans where i live and 95% of them prefer Lennon over Townsend which tells you everything you need to know about Townsend.

Townsend looked bright for England and that's why he's in. The first choice thing is bollocks because the top 4-6 teams rotate anyhow. Glad to see Shaw in and hope he gets a trot. Would obviously have liked to see Cleverley f***ed off maybe for Livermore who's been excellent of late.

I'd be surprised, but I'd be proud if that happened. Three academy products, two of whom are real local boys - plus Walker/Defoe/Carrick.

I'd be surprised, but I'd be proud if that happened. Three academy products, two of whom are real local boys - plus Walker/Defoe/Carrick.

I wouldn't have Kyle Walker anywhere near to the squad ;)

I can't see cleverley going to the World Cup you would have thought Gerrard,  Carrick, Lampard, Wiltshire, Barkley and even Henderson on form would all get in before him.

Never mind on form.....Henderson is a better player full stop. I'd even put Colback ahead of Cleverley.

Bit worried about Gerrard defensively in this new role in all honesty. He needs to shield the defence a lot better.

Obviously he'll start as he's captain but I've never been a fan of him in an England shirt.

You just know Lampard, Gerard and Carrick will make up 3 of the 4 centre midfielders going to Brazil!

And? If better players don't come forward what's Hodgson supposed to do? It'll be that 3 plus Wilshere and possibly Henderson.

You just know Lampard, Gerard and Carrick will make up 3 of the 4 centre midfielders going to Brazil!

And? If better players don't come forward what's Hodgson supposed to do? It'll be that 3 plus Wilshere and possibly Henderson.

I know he's a Mackem and we're not meant to like him but Henderson has been class this seaso. Definite for Brazil