The England Thread

Pilko

Delph could be an outside shout for the England squad if he keeps this form up. Definitely rate him more than Cleverly!

He's certainly been much better this year, but if he's our best option then it doesn't say a lot about our all-round quality.

Cleverly shouldn't be in the squad either. We've got at least 5 CMs better than the pair of them.

Going back to Johnson he shouldn't be either, i can think of a similar number of wide players which i'd take before him.

Whether they are forwards like Rodriguez/Welbeck who are comfortable wide, Sterling who is just a straight winger or attacking midfielders like Lallana with the ability to float from wide positions i can think of plenty who should be on the plane before him.

Same goes for Cleverly, unfortunately we don't have similar luxuries at the back.

Hart

Forster

Foster

G Johnson

Smalling

Jones

Cahill

Jagielka

Caulker

Cole

Shaw

Gerrard

Lampard

Henderson

Lallana

Barkley

Carrick

Milner

Sterling

Welbeck

Rooney

Sturridge

Lambert

My squad in case anyone was wondering. #bored #fuckubaines

If Rooney and Sturridge click, then we should easily have enough goals to have a good tournament.

You're assuming that Rooney will have his first remotely effective game at a tournament since Euro 2004.

If Rooney and Sturridge click, then we should easily have enough goals to have a good tournament.

You're assuming that Rooney will have his first remotely effective game at a tournament since Euro 2004.

Hoping, not assuming.

Hart

Forster

Foster

G Johnson

Smalling

Jones

Cahill

Jagielka

Caulker

Cole

Shaw

Gerrard

Lampard

Henderson

Lallana

Barkley

Carrick

Milner

Sterling

Welbeck

Rooney

Sturridge

Lambert

My squad in case anyone was wondering. #bored #fuckubaines

You cannot not have Baines man.

Fair comment. I reckon Johnson himself has deserved at least a chance in the squad though.

Really? He was ok for about a month but over than that he's been poor for them.

Fair comment. I reckon Johnson himself has deserved at least a chance in the squad though.

Really? He was ok for about a month but over than that he's been poor for them.

I don't watch much sunderland tbh, must have watched them loads that month. :lol: Have always thought he was a canny player though, and he's had some decent run-outs for England too IIRC.