The England Thread

Pilko

Our fullbacks offer absolutely fuck all. They should be doing much more.

Really? Baines has been an option pretty much every time we go forward.

The problem is the lack of movement centrally. There was a passage there where Sturridge was being chased by 2 or 3 Honduras players and not one England player thought it might be an idea to help him out.

Absolutely turd performance against 10 man Honduras, but I look forward to the weather delay being used as an excuse.

Neil luvs Leighton

Justifiably so too.

Wilshere has been awful

always seems to have a big ego and rarely backs it up with consistent performances, which is a shame

Always wanted him to come good but he never progresses too much each season, imo

Wilshere has been awful

Really? Him and Barkley have been the standouts for me.

They both took the most risks, some came off and some didn't. I agree with you, both played well. England were a lot more predictable before they came on.

We'll be fine man, friendlies aren't reflective of the real thing in a whole host of ways. I think we'll do well, good mix of players.

That excuse might work for a team like Italy, who step it up when it matters.

We don't step it up, and this is very likely how we'll play over the coming couple of weeks.

Wilshere has been awful

Really? Him and Barkley have been the standouts for me.

They both took the most risks, some came off and some didn't. I agree with you, both played well. England were a lot more predictable before they came on.

Definitely, for me Wilshere would be England's best midfielder if it wasn't for his fitness worries.

We'll be fine man, friendlies aren't reflective of the real thing in a whole host of ways. I think we'll do well, good mix of players.

That excuse might work for a team like Italy, who step it up when it matters.

We don't step it up, and this is very likely how we'll play over the coming couple of weeks.

Throughout the 3 friendlies it's been blatantly obvious that the players haven't been pushing themselves at all. I don't really blame them. The best 11 is a mix of players who either know they'll start or know this WC is their last real chance to shine as international players. Should be no reflection of how they'll play when it matters.

Has anyone done an Italy/England cross XI? Would any England players get into Italy's starting lineup?

This is the thing. On paper their team isn't especially brilliant, think it's a similar standard to ours. Obviously the key difference being they have a genius in the middle who can control a game any way he fancies.

Has anyone done an Italy/England cross XI? Would any England players get into Italy's starting lineup?

Buffon

Brown Barzagli Chiellini

Bardo Catts Pirlo Zambrotta

Johnson

Wickham Berlusconi

Buffon

Brown Barzagli Chiellini

Johnson

Wickham Berlusconi

:lol:

TBF England's current form is still vastly better than Italy's.

Buffon

Brown Barzagli Chiellini

Johnson

Wickham Berlusconi

:lol: