The England Thread

Pilko

Guest neesy111

Keep hearing we're out if we lose tonight? Surely even if we lose,  3 teams could still finish on 3 points and we could sneak through on goal difference?

I think that could happen.

Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Henderson, Gerrard; Sterling, Rooney, Welbeck; Sturridge. #ENG

@RobHarris  3m View translation

Have the Uruguay team to play England: Muslera, Caceres, Gimenez, Godin, Pereira, Gonzalez, Rios, Lodeiro, Rodriguez, Cavani, Suarez.

Apparently.

Keep hearing we're out if we lose tonight? Surely even if we lose,  3 teams could still finish on 3 points and we could sneak through on goal difference?

I think that could happen.

With a loss today, England would need Italy to win tomorrow to stay alive. They would then need Italy to also beat Uruguay and would need to beat Costa Rica by a certain amount of goals.

Thing about this physical Uruguay team is that they'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack. There's only one way to beat them. Get round the back and expose the FBs and get some ball in to the box :thup:

Think we'll win, can't see Suarez transforming the side to the extent that they go from losing to Costa Rica to beating us ( without sounding too arrogant) unless Cavani shows his club form for once.

Agreed. Well I can actually see Suarez transforming the side to that extent, but not a non match fit Suarez.