The England Thread

Pilko

The only thing worse than the sight of SWP on the right wing is the sight of SWP on the left wing. Terrible footballer. Him and Barry should be nowhere near the England lineup, and Rooney should currently be nowhere near a football pitch.

The only thing worse than the sight of SWP on the right wing is the sight of SWP on the left wing. Terrible footballer. Him and Barry should be nowhere near the England lineup, and Rooney should currently be nowhere near a football pitch.

:thup:

To think City paid nearly forty million for those two.

Am I right in saying nearly £90m for SWP, Barry, Lescott and Milner? :lol: :lol:

Rooney has completely lost it. He shouldn't be playing Sunday league football atm.

I didn't feel annoyed watching Rooney tonight; I felt a bit sad really. Such a great player (he had been playing great) has recently cut a miserable figure and doesn't look physically or mentally fit to play football at the moment. I hope he sorts himself out.

Am I right in saying nearly £90m for SWP, Barry, Lescott and Milner? :lol: :lol:

I paid nearly 90p for the caramac and packet of crisps I had last Friday.

Rooney has completely lost it. He shouldn't be playing Sunday league football atm.

I didn't feel annoyed watching Rooney tonight; I felt a bit sad really. Such a great player (he had been playing great) has recently cut a miserable figure and doesn't look physically or mentally fit to play football at the moment. I hope he sorts himself out.

could do with a broken hand or something that would keep him out for a few months but wouldn't threaten his career.

could do with a broken hand or something that would keep him out for a few months but wouldn't threaten his career.

It would have to be his left then. We can do without him losing the use of his wanking hand and ending up with yet more tabloid stories about his adventures in brothels.

Don't think a telling off or anything is what is needed - he needs a complete break from football for a month or so IMO. I can't see it happening, though. It'll be interesting to see how Ferguson handles the situation over the coming weeks.

Didn't think the line-up was awful - clearly good enough to beat Montenegro, but trying to play the killer ball from your own half is never going to be terribly effective, and then the vicious cycle of crowd expectation/England rushing moves kicks in...

Almost funny.

One day a manager will come along and pick the best England team, not just the names everyone wants,

Did everyone want Kevin Davies? 

Remember the Turnip Taylor days: Lee Sharpe @ left back. Carlton Palmer. NOT QUALIFYING

Aye...Geoff Thomas,Andy Sinton,Gordon Cowans et al.

Guest palnese

Just seen the England bench for tonights game.

Foster, Warnock, Cahill, Wright-Phillips, Wilshere, Downing, Davies.

Fuck me that's poor.

A poor performance tonight, the players didn't look as if they had a clue what they were meant to be doing.

Kevin Davies, Shaun Wright-Phillips should never be allowed to wear an England shirt ever again.

Possibly the weakest England squad i've ever seen; i'm not surprised we didn't get a result. You need flair to beat teams like that at home - we have very little.

We rely a lot on Rooney to open things up, and he's just not there at the moment.

I think the ref could have been a bit stronger, mind. Right from the start, any England player who got past his man was chopped down. You need the ref to clamp down on that right away.

Possibly the weakest England squad i've ever seen; i'm not surprised we didn't get a result. You need flair to beat teams like that at home - we have very little.

We rely a lot on Rooney to open things up, and he's just not there at the moment.

I think the ref could have been a bit stronger, mind. Right from the start, any England player who got past his man was chopped down. You need the ref to clamp down on that right away.

Bit ironic that the FA's own team should be on the receiving end of some poor refereeing.

Bit ironic that the FA's own team should be on the receiving end of some poor refereeing.

Yep. Can't really say I feel that sorry for them either.

Would have been interesting to see Rooney pick up a long term injury from a dodgy tackle the ref deemed as fine.