The England Thread

Pilko

That will never happen Clive, you stupid cunt.

:lol: What was this?

Joked that it's only a matter of time before a player will bring his own can of spray onto the pitch in order to cunningly amend the referee's freekick positions.

:lol: Fucking bellend.

Yeah, Delph was really good. I think England are at a point where they need to just start afresh and give guys that are playing every week and doing a decent job a chance tbh, and then see who performs at that level. Sometimes you just never know. The likes of Huddlestone and Livermore should be involved for example. Curtis Davies too!

I don't see from that how useful Delph is going to be, I don't think he did well at all :/ Wilshere was atrocious from the first minute to the last. Big glaring hole for Carrick to play in imo, and move Wilshere up the park to where Delph was.

Wilshere would look better on the left of that diamond than he did at the base, certainly. Delph was good and would serve as a good backup in that position. Carrick's time is up man, time to give Huddlestone a go in that slot.

Wilshere would look better on the left of that diamond than he did at the base, certainly. Delph was good and would serve as a good backup in that position. Carrick's time is up man, time to give Huddlestone a go in that slot.

Not sure Wilshere has the athleticism for the Delph role. That's where Delph succeeded - being able to shuttle up and down that side with ease.

Wilshere was legitimately poor however and the CB's didn't help him.

Not sure Wilshere has the athleticism for the Delph role. That's where Delph succeeded - being able to shuttle up and down that side with ease.

Wilshere was legitimately poor however and the CB's didn't help him.

Yeah, Delph's athleticism was huge. Wilshere was shocking. Thing is he didn't even demand the ball, and move around to get open. He was strolling about out there. Literally walking sometimes. It was poor. A bot of tweaking and that formation could actually look a lot better for England. Promising for them I think.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wellback was class, the rest were a bit meh. Created lots of openings and semi-chances but that midfield is crap. The defence are no great shakes but with a midfield like that its always going to come under fire.

• 4 weeks later...

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Welbeck (Arsenal).

Routledge/Dyer of Swansea, ahead of Andros Townsend for me. Got to start picking people who are playing well every week and full of confidence. Charlie Austin ahead of Lambert too IMO.