The England Thread

Pilko

Chambers has looked awful.  Have to question the merits of even playing defenders against this lot as well.  Four set defenders who have only touched the ball about twice in their own half.

He looks so composed for Arsenal, but he was a nervous wreck out there tonight.

Lallana and the Ox improved us a lot. I thought San Marino would have trouble containing Sterling, with his pace and power, but we actually needed players who can work the ball in tight spaces and that's not Sterling's strength. Likewise Henderson.

Guest Gino14

Chambers has looked awful.  Have to question the merits of even playing defenders against this lot as well.  Four set defenders who have only touched the ball about twice in their own half.

He looks so composed for Arsenal, but he was a nervous wreck out there tonight.

Lallana and the Ox improved us a lot. I thought San Marino would have trouble containing Sterling, with his pace and power, but we actually needed players who can work the ball in tight spaces and that's not Sterling's strength. Likewise Henderson.

With 10 men behind the ball, we needed to work the flanks and for some reason we didn't start with any wingers.  Lallana and the Ox definitely made that difference.  We actually had a bit of success when we let San Marino out a bit too.  Wilshere should have had Rooney through for two goals from two long passes.  Passing is great and everything, but sometimes from 15-20 yards I'm just thinking a shot would be nice occasionally.  Townsend was willing to have a go and got a goal for himself for it.

Guest Gino14

:lol: Joe Hart won the Vauxhall man of the match vote.

:lol: Didn't Bramble win it on Monday Night Football once and cause them to cancel Man of the Match voting?

:lol: Didn't Bramble win it on Monday Night Football once and cause them to cancel Man of the Match voting?

I think that might have been Southampton away in 03-04. Was definitely not at the weekend, anyway.

Guest neesy111

I think that might have been Southampton away in 03-04. Was definitely not at the weekend, anyway.

Nah, it happened a few seasons back when he at the mackems v Norwich IIRC with Gary Neville who seemed absolutely confused why he got voted MOTM.

Guest Gino14

Nah, it happened a few seasons back when he at the mackems v Norwich IIRC with Gary Neville who seemed absolutely confused why he got voted MOTM.

I think that was it.  I think Sky fobbed off doing the handing out of the award though.  I don't remember it that well.

Guest neesy111

Nees, it definitely happened for us in a weekday game in 03-04, and I'm convinced it was that one. The Scousers were voting for him because the 3-3 draw had guaranteed their CL participation.

I remember that game like, shola scored a decent goal but we were a shambles at the back.