The England Thread

Pilko

^ Did you miss yesterday's game in Warsaw man? Much more entertaining than 80% of Prem/CL games so far this season.

Romania-Hungary was pretty decent too.

Estonia are good, not proper Eastern European..but still good. Drew Holland in WCQ in Tallinn, think it'll be closer than most would imagine.

Has watching England play always been this dreary? Seems like an absolute age since a really exciting, key fixture was played. Even the group games at the WC were shit.

Think I'd have to go back to some of the better times under Eriksson for when I was last truly interested.

Has watching England play always been this dreary? Seems like an absolute age since a really exciting, key fixture was played. Even the group games at the WC were shit.

Think I'd have to go back to some of the better times under Eriksson for when I was last truly interested.

Might be me tbf. Can't pinpoint the exact time of it but I simply couldn't give the first fuck about watching the national team any more. It obviously happened over the last 15 year or so because France 98 was special and I definitely gave a fuck. 

Might be me tbf. Can't pinpoint the exact time of it but I simply couldn't give the first fuck about watching the national team any more. It obviously happened over the last 15 year or so because France 98 was special and I definitely gave a fuck.

I gave a fuck when Beckham hit that free kick against Greece and maybe a few times after that. The 2006 World Cup was full-on dreadful, reckon I'd lost interest by then.

Since Sven left yeah. 2004 is about the last time I remember seeing an exciting England team and a lot of that was down to Rooney when he was still unpredictable and explosive.

I gave a fuck when Beckham hit that free kick against Greece and maybe a few times after that. The 2006 World Cup was full-on dreadful, reckon I'd lost interest by then.

Aye, I enjoyed the Greece game and the Germany 5-1. Genuinely struggling after that though....

Aye, I enjoyed the Greece game and the Germany 5-1. Genuinely struggling after that though....

4-2 against Croatia in Euro 2004.

Chambers is nowhere near international class, another case of getting picked based on who you pay for. Christ, just realised Delph is playing.

Really, I think he's looked decent.

We move the ball at a ridiculously slow pace.  The whole team is just slow to think.  It should be one touch and pass within milliseconds of receiving the ball.  The amount of times Baines has been free on the left and been ignored is annoying. That or he'll be free, the player will wait and then give him a horrendous pass when he's marked.  I know he's not on great form, but he deserves better than he's been getting in this game.

We move the ball at a ridiculously slow pace.  The whole team is just slow to think.  It should be one touch and pass within milliseconds of receiving the ball.  The amount of times Baines has been free on the left and been ignored is ridiculous, that or he'll be free, the player will wait and then give him a horrendous pass when he's marked.  I know he's not on great form, but he deserves better than he's been getting in this game.

Playing with an eye on not getting injured. Simply a case of 'let's get this over with' these days.

Also, we're in a terrible kind of purgatory with England. We're obviously not very good yet teams like Estonia still come out to park the bus. And obviously were lucky if we get a single goal. If teams had a go at us more often we'd see some decent games. And we'd totally lose half of them.