The England Thread

Pilko

McEachran of Chelsea looks canny too.

Wilshere is the pick of the bunch though, he should already be starting for England IMO.

The commentators seem to be raving about him every time his name is anywhere near the team sheet. I can't say I've seen anything of him though.

Came on against us in the Cup and was probably their best player. Glides across the pitch.

No doubt he'll be ridiculously hyped simply for being an English player with technique though.

McEachran of Chelsea looks canny too.

Wilshere is the pick of the bunch though, he should already be starting for England IMO.

Aye, forgot about McEachran, and probably a few others. Of course it's very, very early doors with him - I've only seen him 2 or 3 times - but, like Wilshere, he's an exciting prospect in the middle. I'd say our midfield area is looking very promising at the moment. Give it 3 or 4 years and we have the makings of a hugely exciting midfield.

Is it confirmed?

Because all I see is a nothing-Mirror article.

Chron gone with it too.

Ah right. Just think everyone is quick to believe the papers for some things, but completely disregard them for others.

Gibbs was great on his England debut tbf, while Baines played like a lost child.

Baines has confidence issues and took a while to settle in at Everton. I remember Paul Jewell saying he had similar problems in the early days at Wigan. After he got settled in here, he has been one of the best left backs in the league for 2 seasons and counting. There's only Cole I'd definitely take over him (with Clichy & arguably Evra being on the slide now).

I'm sure if he got some more gametime for England and a bit of an arm round the shoulder from the coaches he would do just as well in international football as he does in the Prem. Won't happen though. They don't really need to take on a project when they can just pick Gibbs who will do a good job.

It just doesn't make any sense. He was talking last night about how proud he was to be called up for England etc. etc. and if the injury happened before then, he'd have known about it and Capello would have made relevant changes.

So he's injured himself in less than 24 hours by doing nothing whatsoever? ???

It just doesn't make any sense. He was talking last night about how proud he was to be called up for England etc. etc. and if the injury happened before then, he'd have known about it and Capello would have made relevant changes.

:shifty:

He's injured his groin?  Sounds like another wild party at Kev's.

Maybe Carroll's caught that weird injury disease the likes of Giggs, Scholes, G.Neville, Rooney and Ferdinand used to get whenever an international loomed. Injury too serious to even be on the bench Wednesday, fully recovered and able to play 90 minutes Saturday.

Ride me ride me, oh fuck

Ride me ride me, oh fuck

:lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Well, he's started 3 games in quick succession, and has had to do a lot of work- Our over reliance on him is going to wear him out, and he will pick up injuries like this