Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

The fee is about right for him. No matter his faults, he's still a 15 goal striker who has pace, can create his own goals, proven in the Premiership and in Serie A, and is only 24. Anything less would be a bit of a pisstake imo.

Guest Roger Kint

Will this 9 million help us at all or just go into Ashleys pocket?

If it goes into his pocket then his asking price is £91m.

It has to go into the overdraft otherwise the bank will have some serious questions.

Guest Roger Kint

I thought players can't move outside the club at the moment ???

Who accepted the bid ???

Oba.

Just getting in before the Adminstrators slap a legally binding transfer embargo on us.

:banghead: :facepalm:

It has to go into the overdraft otherwise the bank will have some serious questions.

Well you know what I mean. If he pockets the cash from selling one of the club's most valuable assets, the buyers won't offer as much.

Guest Roger Kint

Well you know what I mean. If he pockets the cash from selling one of the club's most valuable assets, the buyers won't offer as much.

Yeah normally but no way would Barclays(?) let him do that.

Guest Roger Kint

Who accepted the bid ???

Oba.

Just getting in before the Adminstrators slap a legally binding transfer embargo on us.

Sorry that this keyboard is knackered. I guess that must make me a retard.

Unless your keyboard forces you to type rubbish then i fully blame you for that :doh:

Not sure if I'm that excited tbh. If this is a prelude to the club being sold then fine but to me is shows a sign that Ashley's taking the opportunity to make the club sale more attrative, and if he's got a ceiling price for when selling a player does not devalue the club's price, then that does not go well for the rest of the transfer window as we still have no replacements in.

The money for the sale will go into the club and not directly into Ashley's pocket, of course but an extra income 9mill over however many years will help balance the books a little so too will the loss of Martins's salary from our wage bill.

At this moment in time I'm even more worried than I was before, as if this is true,  and I guess we are still waiting for confirmation, it signals that despite the talk of transfer embargos, every player has his price. This won't be lost on the rest of the squad and their agents, who I'm sure will push on with their efforts to get a move, leaving us with an already paper thin squad even thinner.

Don't assume he's selling Martins because the club sale is just around the corner, and that 9million will really help us build the squad again,  he's just looking out for himself as he always has. Need I remind everyone how happy we were with 12 million for Milner only to find the money for that deal not being used in a manner we hoped.

Who accepted the bid ???

Oba.

Unless your keyboard forces you to type rubbish then i fully blame you for that :doh:

Do you realise that we will have maxed our overdraft once we pay the wage bill this month and unless Ashley puts in money ASAP, we have no cash flow?

That is generally when the Administrators come in.

Guest Roger Kint

Who accepted the bid ???

Oba.

Do you realise that we will have maxed our overdraft once we pay the wage bill this month and unless Ashley puts in money ASAP, we have no cash flow?

Do you realise how many intelligent posters have explained various times on here to others who wont listen that administration is a really bad way of getting any money? Ahhh sod it, you worry about it, am sticking to the real world mate ;D

Not sure if I'm that excited tbh. If this is a prelude to the club being sold then fine but to me is shows a sign that Ashley's taking the opportunity to make the club sale more attrative, and if he's got a ceiling price for when selling a player does not devalue the club's price, then that does not go well for the rest of the transfer window as we still have no replacements in.

The money for the sale will go into the club and not directly into Ashley's pocket, of course but an extra income 9mill over however many years will help balance the books a little so too will the loss of Martins's salary from our wage bill.

At this moment in time I'm even more worried than I was before, as if this is true,  and I guess we are still waiting for confirmation, it signals that despite the talk of transfer embargos, every player has his price. This won't be lost on the rest of the squad and their agents, who I'm sure will push on with their efforts to get a move, leaving us with an already paper thin squad even thinner.

Don't assume he's selling Martins because the club sale is just around the corner, and that 9million will really help us build the squad again,  he's just looking out for himself as he always has. Need I remind everyone how happy we were with 12 million for Milner only to find the money for that deal not being used in a manner we hoped.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

;)

Who accepted the bid ???

Oba.

Do you realise how many intelligent posters have explained various times on here to others who wont listen that administration is a really bad way of getting any money? Ahhh sod it, you worry about it, am sticking to the real world mate ;D

Mate ,it's hapened to many a football club, look at the team we are playing tonight.

I await his I loved the fans s****. Aye had nowt to do with us increasing your wage 12 fold

fook off, why would you wanna stay at a club who wants to get rid of you.  

Guest Roger Kint

Who accepted the bid ???

Oba.

Mate ,it's hapened to many a football club, look at the team we are playing tonight.

OMG!!!! Then we must be heading there if its happened to somebody else :omg: