Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

It's clear this will trigger movement on all fronts...This is pretty much the biggest asset we could have sold. Either the new owner is making the decisions or Ashley has entered the game properly and is making judgment calls that will be substantial. Excited. Gather up you lucky charms and hold tight.

You're not wrong! I've just laid a north sea cable!

Does this mean the selling price of NUFC is now £91m?

If the money goes into Ashley's personal accounts then the fee would come off the club's asking price, if the cash stays within the club's accounts then the price would remain the same.

so, who will get the #9 shirt?

Carroll would be my favourite who is here atm to get it. Would really galvanise him before the start of the season.

he's absolutely hopless man

I disagree. Not the best but excellent in the air. Two fantastic headed goals and caused Hangeland massive problems in the air against Fulham including almost setting up a goal.

so what? People talk about that like it was George Weah's wondergoal. Just because he's tall and wears a shirt two sizes too big people think he's really strong, he isn't.

With his touch, he isn't good enough to play the linking role and doesn't read the game well enough to be a consistant goal threat

I watched Leeds several times last season at Elland Road, that defence is their to be slaughtered by so called physical strikers. The had him wrapped up pretty much all night. We need 2 strikers now

so, who will get the #9 shirt?

Carroll would be my favourite who is here atm to get it. Would really galvanise him before the start of the season.

he's absolutely hopless man

I disagree. Not the best but excellent in the air. Two fantastic headed goals and caused Hangeland massive problems in the air against Fulham including almost setting up a goal.

so what? People talk about that like it was George Weah's wondergoal. Just because he's tall and wears a shirt two sizes too big people think he's really strong, he isn't.

With his touch, he isn't good enough to play the linking role and doesn't read the game well enough to be a consistant goal threat

I watched Leeds several times last season at Elland Road, that defence is their to be slaughtered by so called physical strikers. The had him wrapped up pretty much all night. We need 2 strikers now

Done enough to warrant being an impact sub imo. I don't understand why you said "so what". He may never be a premiership striker but he'll be a handful on a few occasions this season. Can see him developing into a poor man's Duncan Ferguson.

Thanks for the effort Oba.

If anything on this board things we can survive double relegation with Ameobi and Carroll up front, they're mad

If anyone thinks any owner can afford to keep Obafemi Martins on our books as a Championship club - then they're mad.

I was once a huge fan of Martins, and a lot of other players on this Newcastle team, now i could not give more fuck who leaves or who stays.

Fuck of the whole lot of them.

Agree.

As if you quoted that without editing the of to off..

If anything on this board things we can survive double relegation with Ameobi and Carroll up front, they're mad

If anyone thinks any owner can afford to keep Obafemi Martins on our books as a Championship club - then they're mad.

Perhaps, but how much will another relegation cost. It's becoming more inevitable every day

It's clear this will trigger movement on all fronts...This is pretty much the biggest asset we could have sold. Either the new owner is making the decisions or Ashley has entered the game properly and is making judgment calls that will be substantial. Excited. Gather up you lucky charms and hold tight.

Fucking hell, Parky I agree with you :kasper: :lol:

Perhaps, but how much will another relegation cost. It's becoming more inevitable every day

:lol:

Clearly fishing tonight Ronny, you can do better than that.

Doesn't matter. Apart fom what he costs the club Oba ain't going to put any part of his arse into gear playing Championship football, he had to go.

Fucking hell, Parky I agree with you :kasper: :lol:

Soon you shall become my apprentice. Muwhaha hahaha

I'm pretty happy with this, its actually lightened up my day a bit :)  Its not that I hate Martins or anything like that, more that I really don't care too much about him anymore and am just glad to see action from the club.  When we first went down Martins was one of the players I wanted to keep (though I never expected to even then).  But with the club still unsold I was really beginning to worry with the total lack of activity.  No matter what happens we can't continue to pay over 1.1m a week on wages and we really need to reduce the overdraft in order to make the club more stable for prospective owners.  If this deal cuts 9m off the overdraft and 70,000+ per week off the wage bill then I'm pretty happy with it.

And how many of you watched Carroll and Shola get thoroughly outclassed by a less than strapping league one defence tonight? Just me eh. Well, to quote Arnie, get ready for da big surprise.

And how many of you watched Carroll and Shola get thoroughly outclassed by a less than strapping league one defence tonight? Just me eh. Well, to quote Arnie, get ready for da big surprise.

We couldn't keep Martins on his package.

If you think we're going down get some money on it. You seem to be a fan of betting against your team :pow:

We couldn't keep Martins on his package.

Huge package apparently.

Did you watch Martins get outclassed by a league one side the game before that?  Lets not get into this silliness mate, they're just friendlies.

I've seen Carroll play in the Premiership and he looked decent there, excellent in the air and the kind of striker who could do very well in the Championship.  Also if this deal pushes us closer to being sold then we can get into a position to bring new players in, players who aren't on over 70,000 a week.