Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fucking SSN man.

"Bought for £10m 3 years ago, now going for less then that."

No shit Sherlock, we're a championship club in the shitter, getting £9m is a great bit of business all things considered. Fuck off SSN with your sinister, depressing, overtones towards the Toon.

Guest Dennis Carter

I'd sell him. He won't be happy in the championship and is a confidence player. No point keeping him.

Exactly. As fantastic as he can be on his day in the harsh reality of the Championship Oba getting kicked all over would mean we'd never see him on his day that often. And if his quote of saying that the Bundesliga is soon to be the best league in the world is true then I will weigh in and say that Sports Direct will soon be the biggest sports retailer in the world  :joker:

Hughton must be a great negotiator. Probably tried to explain why he was worth the £9m to the Wolfsburg representitives who got so bored they just agreed to pay the £9m on the condition he shut his fucking charismaless trap.

Great fee for him.

Don't see how this means we're nearly sold mind you. If anything it'll be the opposite, Ashley knows he can't sell us for a while yet and wants to make some money back.

Well he was one of our best assets. It looks like there could be movement....

I agree, fuck the half-empty cup. Why wait all this time when he's clearly retained a very decent value?

Something is close, either Ashley staying or selling up. Either would be better than how we are now.

Fucking SSN man.

"Bought for £10m 3 years ago, now going for less then that."

No shit Sherlock, we're a championship club in the shitter, getting £9m is a great bit of business all things considered. Fuck off SSN with your sinister, depressing, overtones towards the Toon.

Almost word for word what I just turned around and told the Mrs. :lol:

Man, I loved ya Oba - all of those heart-dropping moments where you would put in goals out of no where, you were one of my fav toon players after Big Al left, have a good career! Glad  you didnt go to any team in the EPL to be honest.

Great fee for him.

Don't see how this means we're nearly sold mind you. If anything it'll be the opposite, Ashley knows he can't sell us for a while yet and wants to make some money back.

I agree, fuck the half-empty cup. Why wait all this time when he's clearly retained a very decent value?

Something is close, either Ashley staying or selling up. Either would be better than how we are now.

Aye, i was thinking it's closer to him caving in and taking it off the market again, rather than him finally selling it. We're not going to sell it; the season is two weeks away. He'll take it off the market - i'm positive of it.

Great fee for him.

...and there have been a spate of rumours today. Fingers and toes crossed.

Great fee for him.

Aye, i was thinking it's closer to him caving in and taking it off the market again, rather than him finally selling it. We're not going to sell it; the season is two weeks ago. He'll take it off the market - i'm positive of it.

We can't get rid of the fucker! :(

Great fee for him.

...and there have been a spate of rumours today. Fingers and toes crossed.

:thup:

Guest Alan_Shearer

F*cking gutted cause he's the most exciting thing thats happened to this club since Shearer retired.

But it's true that he doesn't have a football brain and is abit lazy...won't improve much in the future either not on much of a learning curve...

Oh well onwards and upwards...

I know he has his flaws but I'll be sorry to see him go. He did provide some thrilling moments, mainly in 06/07 and I do think he genuinely loved the fans. However 9m is a lot of money considering the state we're in and he'll be playing in the Champions League again. It's a good deal for both us and him.

You'll regret i when we are in the Chmapions league in a couple of seasons time Oba.

I will miss his big....

cheeky smile.

You could have said the same in January when N'Zogbia left.