Given Having His Say On SSN

Crumpy Gunt

Given is a deserting rat faced c***, he's tried to leave on more than one occasion when things don't go his own way.

Pathetic how some sad complete thick bastards will support him regardless.

You are actually a prat.. because people appreciate his contribution of 12 years service and not calling him a c*** it makes them sad thick bastards. 

It must hurt you that he is more part of Newcastle than you will ever be.

And you are a tosser.

Must hurt you someone like myself is a bigger supporter of the club than you will ever be.

I'm allowed to have my opinions on him, don't like if go fuk yourself.

You spew bullshit every thread you appear on and a complete uneducated dickhead to boot :pow:

Given is a deserting rat faced c***, he's tried to leave on more than one occasion when things don't go his own way.

You are actually a prat.. because people appreciate his contribution of 12 years service and not calling him a cunt it makes them sad thick bastards. 

You must be forgetting when he threw his toys out of the pram, kicked up a royal fuss and wanted to leave when Harper was announced as first choice, then. Oh, and the summer he was whoring himself to Spanish clubs in the Chronicle. Purely because he was first choice for so many, many years he seems "loyal" to you. As soon as the shit really hit the fan and there was a genuine threat of relegation (this season) he buggered off.

You are actually a prat.. because people appreciate his contribution of 12 years service and not calling him a c*** it makes them sad thick bastards. 

You must be forgetting when he threw his toys out of the pram, kicked up a royal fuss and wanted to leave when Harper was announced as first choice, then. Oh, and the summer he was whoring himself to Spanish clubs in the Chronicle. Purely because he was first choice for so many, many years he seems "loyal" to you. As soon as the s*** really hit the fan and there was a genuine threat of relegation (this season) he buggered off.

you mean this.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7126310.stm

and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4765927.stmp

and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4607162.stm

bolded bit in your post.. helps my point too.

Also he did throw his toys out of the pram once - a 24 year old who lost his place after injury and handed in transfer request but withdrew it and apologised for the overreaction very soon after.

Grow up lads.

Just dcmk, really. Don't think me or Toon's Taylor have actually insulted anyone on these boards during this discussion?

:lol: you must of missed the bit where he called everyone who appreciated Givens contribution a retard and when he called me a tosser

None of you are covering yourselves in glory. It's possible to disagree without name-calling, amazingly enough.

Yeah, I know. That's why I haven't name-called in this discussion.

None of you are covering yourselves in glory. It's possible to disagree without name-calling, amazingly enough.

Yeah, I know. That's why I haven't name-called in this discussion.

Yeah I know. That's why I didn't mention you. :lol:

But you thumbs up someone calling anyone a dickhead who calls given a coward.

You must be forgetting when he threw his toys out of the pram, kicked up a royal fuss and wanted to leave when Harper was announced as first choice, then. Oh, and the summer he was whoring himself to Spanish clubs in the Chronicle. Purely because he was first choice for so many, many years he seems "loyal" to you. As soon as the s*** really hit the fan and there was a genuine threat of relegation (this season) he buggered off.

you mean this.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7126310.stm

and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4765927.stmp

and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4607162.stm

bolded bit in your post.. helps my point too.

Also he did throw his toys out of the pram once - a 24 year old who lost his place after injury and handed in transfer request but withdrew it and apologised for the overreaction very soon after.

Grow up lads.

Just dcmk, really. Don't think me or Toon's Taylor have actually insulted anyone on these boards during this discussion?

:lol: you must of missed the bit where he called everyone who appreciated Givens contribution a retard and when he called me a tosser

I called you a tosser, which is slightly downgraded of what you actually are, i didn't call anyone a retard, but if the cap fits.

But you thumbs up someone calling anyone a dickhead who calls given a coward.

Fucking hell, do I really have to spell this out? Your original post was fine.

Abusing others directly is against the rules of this forum as you well know. Give the persecution complex a rest.

Yep. It was obvious the club was going rapidly downhill and a club on the up offered him the opportunity to avoid having relegation on his CV which he took.

Dave most of the time you talk sense but you've contradicted yourself a bit - you previously give a thumbs up to someone who said 'everyone who said Given was a coward was a dickhead' then posted the bit in bold, which in essence is an act of cowardice and a fucking big one at that.

The bottom line is, he was payed well when he was here, gave performances to warrant the pay-packet (unlike most of his team mates), left mid season when the club was at it's lowest ebb for two decades. 

Most on here in this thread have a problem with the timing of the whole thing - would staying here for four more months have had that much of a detriment on his career - not the fact he's gone.  So he had a 'shit' boss, who the fuck hasn't - at least he had £50,000 + a week to ease the pain.

Guest taff2727

Fantastic goalkeeper, great guy a legend of our club. Nothing but total and utter respect for the bloke.  :clap:

i concur

Yep. It was obvious the club was going rapidly downhill and a club on the up offered him the opportunity to avoid having relegation on his CV which he took.

Dave most of the time you talk sense but you've contradicted yourself a bit - you previously give a thumbs up to someone who said 'everyone who said Given was a coward was a dickhead' then posted the bit in bold, which in essence is an act of cowardice and a fucking big one at that.

The bottom line is, he was payed well when he was here, gave performances to warrant the pay-packet (unlike most of his team mates), left mid season when the club was at it's lowest ebb for two decades.

Most on here in this thread have a problem with the timing of the whole thing - would staying here for four more months have had that much of a detriment on his career - not the fact he's gone. So he had a 'shit' boss, who the fuck hasn't - at least he had £50,000 + a week to ease the pain.

As far as I'm concerned he earnt the right to leave at whatever time he wanted through his previous loyalty (could have left many, many times to better teams) and performances, including during this abortion of a season. An ambitious club came in for him and he took the offer. I don't see the problem tbh, though I do see why people feel let down. I believe he'd have stayed had he been given assurances from the club which unsurprisingly for this lot weren't forthcoming. After all, Shepherd managed to convince him for years that 'next year' would be better. From what I've heard they told him absolutely nothing, and in the end his view we were going down was totally vindicated.

It's the outright venom towards him which I think is unnecessary.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Was a legend, however,

He deserted us in our time of need. The loyalty and backing we gave him as fans should have been rescipricated.

I once owned a classic car. I loved that car and often took it out during the fine summer months. It was about 32 years old but was rarely serviced and always reliable, starting first time after being in he garage for 8 months. One day we got caught out by a freak flash flood down the lanes in the middle of Stoke (this was a bad time). No reception, late at night, i had to walk 5 miles to get help. The car had packed in when i needed it most, and a replacement would have cost thousands.

It's similar to the Keegan thing in fairness; both say they love the club but them leaving actually contributed (in whatever amount) to us being relegated.

I guess it comes down to who you blame the most, and given the absolute avalanche of terrible decisions and general ineptness shown by the owner and his cohorts I find it quite easy to give Given and Keegan the benefit of the doubt.

The fact is if we hadn't have been relegated no one would say anything against the fella.

The fact is if we hadn't been relegated, or were still relegated with Given still at the club and had went now, then there would be almost nothing said against him.

To be honest, I couldn't care less now about the whole transfer as the whole club has been a shambles for years, and it's a minor miracle that he stayed as long as he did.  It's when you hear these interviews that get my back up - once you've left then I'm sorry, but the club is no longer any of your concern.

The fact is if we hadn't have been relegated no one would say anything against the fella.

The fact is if we hadn't been relegated, or were still relegated with Given still at the club and had went now, then there would be almost nothing said against him.

To be honest, I couldn't care less now about the whole transfer as the whole club has been a shambles for years, and it's a minor miracle that he stayed as long as he did.  It's when you hear these interviews that get my back up - once you've left then I'm sorry, but the club is no longer any of your concern.

Eh? This makes no sense to me. So, Supermac is not entitled to an opinion? Or Beardsley? Or Rob Lee? Or Bob Moncur?

To be honest, I couldn't care less now about the whole transfer as the whole club has been a shambles for years, and it's a minor miracle that he stayed as long as he did. It's when you hear these interviews that get my back up - once you've left then I'm sorry, but the club is no longer any of your concern.

They clearly asked him about it as part of a series of questions though - I saw SSN saying his views on the Ronaldo transfer were coming up. :lol:

After being here so long and being friends with Shearer he was always going to have something to say, and it was hardly bad in any case.

Eh? This makes no sense to me. So, Supermac is not entitled to an opinion? Or Beardsley? Or Rob Lee? Or Bob Moncur?

These guys are pundits who are paid to give and opinion of the club.  This was an interview, where a 'no comment' response would have sufficed. 

And to be honest NO - Rob Lee doesn't have the right to an opinion - the bastard still owes me £20 quid for attending his testimonial match that he brought forward by a year to avoid the World Cup the next year - typical money grabbing Cockerny twat!!!!!

Dave, what was his opinion of the Ronaldo transfer - and don't say no comment!