Given Having His Say On SSN

Crumpy Gunt

The fact is if we hadn't have been relegated no one would say anything against the fella.

The fact is if we hadn't been relegated, or were still relegated with Given still at the club and had went now, then there would be almost nothing said against him.

To be honest, I couldn't care less now about the whole transfer as the whole club has been a shambles for years, and it's a minor miracle that he stayed as long as he did.  It's when you hear these interviews that get my back up - once you've left then I'm sorry, but the club is no longer any of your concern.

Eh? This makes no sense to me. So, Supermac is not entitled to an opinion? Or Beardsley? Or Rob Lee? Or Bob Moncur?

These guys are pundits who are paid to give and opinion of the club.  This was an interview, where a 'no comment' response would have sufficed. 

And to be honest NO - Rob Lee doesn't have the right to an opinion - the bastard still owes me £20 quid for attending his testimonial match that he brought forward by a year to avoid the World Cup the next year - typical money grabbing Cockerny twat!!!!!

Dave, what was his opinion of the Ronaldo transfer - and don't say no comment!

Tbh, I'd prefer Given's opinion than Supermac's. On one hand you've got a fella who's played at the club during all the high and lows for the past 11 years and has first-hand experience of the current situation, and on the other, a clueless berk who knows nowt.

If Given had not played a single game ever again from the day he left the Toon he would have walked away from football a very wealthy man who would never ever need to seek gainful employment ever again if he chose to.

He chose - 13 games from the end of a season in which we struggled badly - to move to Man City who I know 100% had tapped him up previous to the Liverpool game.

The bloke is pure and utter scum. Judas bastard- fact.

If Given had not played a single game ever again from the day he left the Toon he would have walked away from football a very wealthy man who would never ever need to seek gainful employment ever again if he chose to.

He chose - 13 games from the end of a season in which we struggled badly - to move to Man City who I know 100% had tapped him up previous to the Liverpool game.

So, presumably everyone who goes to another club is a Judas bastard as well, then?

Tbh, I'd prefer Given's opinion than Supermac's. On one hand you've got a fella who's played at the club during all the high and lows for the past 11 years and has first-hand experience of the current situation, and on the other, a clueless berk who knows nowt.

Malcolm McDonald is the reason why I stopped listening to the radio phone in show (Legends - fuck off!).  Has made more of a living off being an ex-Newcastle player than he made playing for us, even though he turned his back on the club for the filthy Cockerney money of Arsenal.  Rather have Mickey Quinn doing it TBH - at least he sticks up for us on TalkShite.

Applies to pretty much every single Premier League footballer tbh, most of which could comfortably retire after just one season.

The bloke is pure and utter scum. Judas b******- fact.

So, presumably everyone who goes to another club is a Judas b****** as well, then?

Not a Judas but I wouldn't continue to support them afterwards.

"f*** off you Judas t***" would be my retort.

:lol:

He seen what was coming and went, in a way I don't blame him in another I do, had he stayed we may have stayed up and he could have left in the summer.

But he stayed for a very long time and year after year he saved our arse he earned the riight to go for glory elsewhere.

But instead chasing glory he chased the ££££££. Could have quite easily got himself a better move this summer but chose to feign injury on the day of the match rather than hand in a transfer request.

A class goalkeeper, but the bloke's a money grabbing cunt. End of story.

The fact is if we hadn't have been relegated no one would say anything against the fella.

The fact is if we hadn't been relegated, or were still relegated with Given still at the club and had went now, then there would be almost nothing said against him.

To be honest, I couldn't care less now about the whole transfer as the whole club has been a shambles for years, and it's a minor miracle that he stayed as long as he did.  It's when you hear these interviews that get my back up - once you've left then I'm sorry, but the club is no longer any of your concern.

I dont believe that for a second tbh.

Bassong by some is getting the 'f*** off then' treatment and he has been here less than a year.

So hes so heartbroken by us getting relegated hes going to f*** off oh right then.....

f*** off then you little c***, no loyalty but to blame the mess is pathetic, even had we stayed up and the Gooners came knocking he would have wanted to go.

It's probably easier and nicer to interview Given than Supermac tbh, with Given the reporter got to fly over to Marbella and chat to him during a party/event.

I'm sure he'd much rather that than standing outside The Strawberry in the pissing rain waiting for chucking out time.

It's probably easier and nicer to interview Given than Supermac tbh, with Given the reporter got to fly over to Marbella and chat to him during a party/event.

I'm sure he'd much rather that than standing outside The Strawberry in the pissing rain waiting for chucking out time.

:mackems:

Guest Brendan_Rice

Shay was a faithful servant for this club and I can't blame him in the slightest for wanting to leave.

If anyone watched the Liverpool game where he played a blinder and we still got thumped will know by the look on his face at the end of the match that he just thought "F*ck this!". I would have probably thought the same.  Club being directed by a clown, defence not worth a shit for the whole time he was at the club why would he stay?

I wish him all the best and only hope Krull can fill his boots some day.

He obviously stilll cares or he wouldn't have said anything

B

Well, I'm sorry but I live in the real world where when a top player--who finds himself, after over a decade's good service, once more in the mire with his club--is given the opportunity to finish his career at a wealthy, ambitious club challenging for trophies, or at least European competition, owes it himself to give it a shot. Particularly when, as I understand it, he sought assurances that the club would endeavour to puts things right on and off the pitch, and was given nowt, and as such, could only face the grim prospect of another 3/4 years struggle on the pitch and almighty fuck-ups off it.

Everyone whining about his loyalty or lack thereof should put themselves in his shoes for a moment. Since SBR, he gave the club plenty time to turn itself around, and it didn't. Is he supposed to throw away his career?

Welcome to big school.

Bassong by some is getting the 'f*** off then' treatment and he has been here less than a year.

So hes so heartbroken by us getting relegated hes going to f*** off oh right then.....

f*** off then you little c***, no loyalty but to blame the mess is pathetic, even had we stayed up and the Gooners came knocking he would have wanted to go.

That's a selected two amongst the other's in the thread saying 'can't blame him'.

As I said he would be having almost nothing said against him, which is the same as can be said for Bassong if that thread is to be believed.

Everyone whining about his loyalty or lack thereof should put themselves in his shoes for a moment. Since SBR, he gave the club plenty time to turn itself around, and it didn't. Is he supposed to throw away his career?

Yes, even though that doesn't seem to count for the rest of the Champions league team who all scarpered before him

That's a selected two amongst the other's in the thread saying 'can't blame him'.

As I said he would be having almost nothing said against him, which is the same as can be said for Bassong if that thread is to be believed.

Yes that why i said some of our members.

Being here for 13 years and considered (at the time) our most loyal player for us and leaving once relegated would be imo alot worse than having left in January, as many of us would expect him to at least stay a season and try get us back. 

He left, he has no sodding right to lecture us

P*ss off, please Shamus.

What lecture? And who is 'us'? He says he thinks Shearer is the right man for the job. He was asked the question as someone who knows both the club and Shearer himself. Get a grip.

Guest Phil K

He left, he has no sodding right to lecture us

P*ss off, please Shamus.

What lecture? And who is 'us'? He says he thinks Shearer is the right man for the job. He was asked the question as someone who knows both the club and Shearer himself. Get a grip.

Commenting/lecturing on a team no longer his.

You may want his opinions, but not me charlie.

Shamus/Seamus/Shalala...no offence, who cares about an ex-player's spelling that he doesn't even use ?

I've got a lot of time for Shay Given and always will have.  Agree he should've stayed til the end of the season though and it rubs it in that we went down by one point as he easily could've saved us a point or 2, e.g. Spurs away.  Who knows, but completely trashing his character now seems a bit much to me.