Given Having His Say On SSN

Crumpy Gunt

Guest toonlass

No keeper would have turned down that offer.

What goes around comes around! Hope he has to stay at City and sit on the bench. Serves him right!

What goes around comes around! Hope he has to stay at City and sit on the bench. Serves him right!

Given owed us nothing. He could and probably should have moved years earlier, he didn't. I don't begrudge him the move and take no pleasure in seeing him sit on the bench as he's good enough to play in the top flight.

Will you say the same about Carroll if he goes to Spurs?

Fwiw - I still don't blame Given for leaving.

I hate this booing a former player culture that appears to be around at the moment as well.

The booing of Bassong against Spurs was nothing short of cringeworthy.

Deserved it the way he thought he was a superstar when in fact he had just been relegated twice in two seasons and jumped ship both times.

Given can fuck right off as well, injury-feigning twat.

I hate this booing a former player culture that appears to be around at the moment as well.

Yep, totally agree with this.

Bassong had a bid that was accepted, so he left. And he left to a club with a much brighter future than ours (then, and now), so the booing just seemed like bitterness from our fans, imo. Bitter that a good player left us for a club like Spurs who we had gotten so used to dominating, and bitter because we as a club looked like we were going nowhere.

Given doesn't deserve to be booed. He gave so many good years to the club and left when Ashley was destroying the club from the inside, so it's not his fault that we were shit at the time. He never gave away a soft goal, he never looked like he didn't care and he was always one of the best players in our team so to boo him because of his actions over two weeks at the end of his stay with us is just insane, imo. Yeah, let's forget about the 10 years, the CL run, the near-miss in the UEFA cup, the super saves, the FA Cup finals etc., and let's just think about his last two weeks here. Seems petty as fuck. When Given retires, he'll be remembered as one of the best gks in the premiership of his generation, and he'll always - and rightly, in my opinion - be associated with us.

Bassong had a bid that was accepted, so he left. And he left to a club with a much brighter future than ours (then, and now), so the booing just seemed like bitterness from our fans, imo. Bitter that a good player left us for a club like Spurs who we had gotten so used to dominating, and bitter because we as a club looked like we were going nowhere.

Given doesn't deserve to be booed. He gave so many good years to the club and left when Ashley was destroying the club from the inside, so it's not his fault that we were shit at the time. He never gave away a soft goal, he never looked like he didn't care and he was always one of the best players in our team so to boo him because of his actions over two weeks at the end of his stay with us is just insane, imo. Yeah, let's forget about the 10 years, the CL run, the near-miss in the UEFA cup, the super saves, the FA Cup finals etc., and let's just think about his last two weeks here. Seems petty as fuck. When Given retires, he'll be remembered as one of the best gks in the premiership of his generation, and he'll always - and rightly, in my opinion - be associated with us.

He feigned an injury to get away. The cunt doesn't deserve to get booed, he deserves to not even be played against us.

Given doesn't deserve to be booed. He gave so many good years to the club and left when Ashley was destroying the club from the inside, so it's not his fault that we were s*** at the time. He never gave away a soft goal, he never looked like he didn't care and he was always one of the best players in our team so to boo him because of his actions over two weeks at the end of his stay with us is just insane, imo. Yeah, let's forget about the 10 years, the CL run, the near-miss in the UEFA cup, the super saves, the FA Cup finals etc., and let's just think about his last two weeks here. Seems petty as f***. When Given retires, he'll be remembered as one of the best gks in the premiership of his generation, and he'll always - and rightly, in my opinion - be associated with us.

Funny that, because the rest of those that left managed to hold on until the summer.

Given doesn't deserve to be booed. He gave so many good years to the club and left when Ashley was destroying the club from the inside, so it's not his fault that we were s*** at the time. He never gave away a soft goal, he never looked like he didn't care and he was always one of the best players in our team so to boo him because of his actions over two weeks at the end of his stay with us is just insane, imo. Yeah, let's forget about the 10 years, the CL run, the near-miss in the UEFA cup, the super saves, the FA Cup finals etc., and let's just think about his last two weeks here. Seems petty as f***. When Given retires, he'll be remembered as one of the best gks in the premiership of his generation, and he'll always - and rightly, in my opinion - be associated with us.

Funny that, because the rest of those that left managed to hold on until the summer.

Aye, and of course none of them would have joined Man City in the January, given the chance.

No, they stayed, did absolutely f*** all to keep us up and showed not a shred of remorse for it.

He feigned an injury to get away. The c*** doesn't deserve to get booed, he deserves to not even be played against us.

Of all the players who have left NUFC, is he top of your hate list?

He feigned an injury to get away. The c*** doesn't deserve to get booed, he deserves to not even be played against us.

No.

Guest toonlass

Of all the players who left in the January window to go to Man Citeh he is!

No.

Then I wouldn't like to be the player who is. I think you may need some perspective in your life.

Boo f***ing hoo. If you'd stayed here you would still be getting games. Seems that money isn't everything after all, shame he had to shaft us in the process to find out!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1351610/Manchester-Citys-Shay-Given-wants-loan-Championship.html

That's the worst part. I reckon everyone concerned wishes the whole saga never happened and he was still No1 here.

Ho hum...

Guest toonlass

Boo f***ing hoo. If you'd stayed here you would still be getting games. Seems that money isn't everything after all, shame he had to shaft us in the process to find out!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1351610/Manchester-Citys-Shay-Given-wants-loan-Championship.html

That's the worst part. I reckon everyone concerned wishes the whole saga never happened and he was still No1 here.

Ho hum...

Exactly. I do wish he had stayed.

:clap: :clap:

I agree with this post - given is a legend in my eyes and I would give him a standing ovation if he ever plays against us again