Given Having His Say On SSN

Crumpy Gunt

No.

If theyd tied Givens hands behind his back, then asked him to perform and he decided to leave then maybe thatd be understandable.

You cant leave half way through a season like ours and pretend like you gave a shit afterwards though.

Guest toonlass

Question for anyone out there who has been critical of Given for leaving.

Have you changed your opinion of him in view of the findings of the Keegan tribunal ?

Nope.

If his ambition had been even slightly matched by the board I don't think he'd have left.  Last few transfer windows before he left he kept pleading, via the press,  for a few more quality signings, but to no avail.  His departure was one of the hardest for me to accept me but guess I'm in the minority,  had to wish him well for what he'd given and couldn't really blame him!

If his ambition had been even slightly matched by the board I don't think he'd have left.  Last few transfer windows before he left he kept pleading, via the press,  for a few more quality signings, but to no avail.   His departure was one of the hardest for me to accept me but guess I'm in the minority,  had to wish him well for what he'd given and couldn't really blame him!

I'll also wish him well, who can blame him really

Quite easy to blame him really, we were relegated by 1 point. If he stays he likely would have gotten us that 1 point on his own somewhere along the line. They would still have been interested at the end of the season.

Guest toonlass

Quite easy to blame him really, we were relegated by 1 point. If he stays he likely would have gotten us that 1 point on his own somewhere along the line. They would still have been interested at the end of the season.

:sadnod:

Guest mikefin

If his ambition had been even slightly matched by the board I don't think he'd have left.  Last few transfer windows before he left he kept pleading, via the press,  for a few more quality signings, but to no avail.   His departure was one of the hardest for me to accept me but guess I'm in the minority,  had to wish him well for what he'd given and couldn't really blame him!

This. I really think that all that shit what was happened after SBR, and then with new owners, Keegan, etc. finally broke him. I think the man was so bitter, sad and pissed of everything around the club he loved, that he had to go.

After all. He's been around for ages. Seen and swallowed all broken promises and all kind of crap time after time. He saw where its gonna end up this time and he couldnt took it. Not wanted to be a part of team, which wasnt really NUFC anymore. Just empty cover.

For me, it was more like a statement that new owners had finally reached the point where is no return. Put the lights off, there is nothing left anymore. Final warrior has left the building bastards.

Hope him nothing but all the best. True hero, good man, and absolutely world class keeper. Thanks for the memories. I would love to see him to come back one day, when this club is sorted out. I have no doubt that he wants that too.

Have you changed your opinion of him in view of the findings of the Keegan tribunal ?

as it was stated by many people at the time it wasn't that he wanted away that was the problem,it was the manner in which he went about it.

i still have no respect for the man whilst also thinking he should have been the player of the year.

Guest toonlass

as it was stated by many people at the time it wasn't that he wanted away that was the problem,it was the manner in which he went about it.

i still have no respect for the man whilst also thinking he should have been the player of the year.

This

Really got nowt against Shay, served us well while here, especially impressive when you think of the fuckin traffic cones he had in front of him in defence week in week out.

Club was being rotted to the core, and people getting shafted, can't blame him one bit for leaving.

Guest toonlass

Really got nowt against Shay, served us well while here, especially impressive when you think of the fuckin traffic cones he had in front of him in defence week in week out.

Club was being rotted to the core, and people getting shafted, can't blame him one bit for leaving.

It was the manner and the timing that hacked people off though. We can understand why he wanted to leave, but he was being shafted for working 25 hours a week at most and being paid £50,000. Most people would like to be shafted in the same manner.

Like most legends our record appearance GK found it hard working for the Randy Ortons of club ownership.

Given = SOLD

KK = Forced out

Shearer = Dangling on string all summer

Hughie Gallagher = Pushed on railway lines by Michael Ashley Snr.

Even Sir Bobby a bloke who beat cancer more times than anyone else we know lost his battle while these cunts were in charge.

Like most legends our record appearance GK found it hard working for the Randy Ortons of club ownership.

Given = SOLD

KK = Forced out

Shearer = Dangling on string all summer

Hughie Gallagher = Pushed on railway lines by Michael Ashley Snr.

:lol:

Guest toonlass

Given fucked off for money. Lets not fuck about making excuses for the Judas bastard.

:sadnod:

The "loyal servant" shite that is spouted is just ridiculous too. Its not like any of these footballers have been held against their will and forced to play football for a living.

The main reason Given fucked off was simple; we're fucking shite.

The timing and manner in which he left makes him a cunt, but at the end of the day he's been one of the best keepers in the league for a decade and he wanted one more chance to try and win something.

Given f***ed off for money. Lets not f*** about making excuses for the Judas b******.

Just like Pedro to Liverpool, Gazza & Waddle to Spurs then. He left because we were going fucking nowhere (well we were going down) with Ashley in charge & JFK running the show.

Given f***ed off for money. Lets not f*** about making excuses for the Judas b******.

Just like Pedro to Liverpool, Gazza & Waddle to Spurs then. He left because we were going fucking nowhere (well we were going down) with Ashley in charge & JFK running the show.

Pretty much this. Think he realised it was now or never for his move in Jan, as he probably thought Citeh would go out and just buy another keeper if they couldn't get him.

Just like Pedro to Liverpool, Gazza & Waddle to Spurs then. He left because we were going f***ing nowhere (well we were going down) with Ashley in charge & JFK running the show.

Pretty much this. Think he realised it was now or never for his move in Jan, as he probably thought Citeh would go out and just buy another keeper if they couldn't get him.

not bothered about the way he engineered the move then ? trying to take as much money from a club already on its arse and one that made him a probably a multi millionaire.

this move had the hallmarks of everything that is dispicable about football.

you'd think if he was that desperate for the move he'd have handed in a transfer request at the start of january so as not to risk his dream move.........i wonder why he didn't ?

• 1 year later...