Confederations Cup

Kaizero

Ah shit, smug Lalas dulling my shine.

Ugh yeah.  "Look at the effort, throwing bodies everywhere ...."  douche.

"Good old fashioned American football!" Fuck off.

Jim Rome: "Soccer Rules."

Fucking hell I don't dislike many people more.

don't mind his view on jackson only wanting to coach home games.

I can't listen to him speak, man. His catch phrases and slang usage is exhausting.

Gooch still playing in Belgium?

Apparently a free agent now. I'd have him back here now we're a league down.

me too, I don't think he did that badly when we had him before either.

Last time he was here we were breaking up the top 4 remember?  :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure we had just won the FA Cup and collected our second successive Premier League title, but unfortunately we got pipped to the Champions League final by a plucky Monaco team.

That's how I remember it anyway.

Gooch still playing in Belgium?

Apparently a free agent now. I'd have him back here now we're a league down.

me too, I don't think he did that badly when we had him before either.

Last time he was here we were breaking up the top 4 remember?  :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure we had just won the FA Cup and collected our second successive Premier League title, but unfortunately we got pipped to the Champions League final by a plucky Monaco team.

That's how I remember it anyway.

I'd forgotten all about that actually.

God I hate Lalas, only his complete smugness could put a damper on this win for me. Anyone off the US team that anyone would be interested in? If Altidore could harness his size, he could be a force

God I hate Lalas, only his complete smugness could put a damper on this win for me. Anyone off the US team that anyone would be interested in? If Altidore could harness his size, he could be a force

I have never thought that any US players (barring 'keepers) were good enough for Newcastle... but now that we are in the Championship... probably any of the first XI (excluding Carlos Bocanegra) could do a job for us even the often scoffed at DeMerit.

I have never thought that any US players (barring 'keepers) were good enough for Newcastle... but now that we are in the Championship... probably any of the first XI (excluding Carlos Bocanegra) could do a job for us even the often scoffed at DeMerit.

Wow, taking DeMerit over Bocanegra, that is insanity. 

What a win, hate Lalas but I guess he'll just have to be happy working 20 days a year because he sucked at his other job and got FIRED.  Cunt.

What a win, wow.  Where has all this insane luck been all these years?  And why did we have to use it up on the Confederations Cup?

Oh yeah, great job with the officiating there Fifa, its totally fair that one team gets 75% of all red cards given in an international tournament...  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

We just lost our best player for Sunday.  :doh:

to be honest, as funny as  it was seeing Spain get beaten by the USA, that referee got at least 10 of the most basic decisions wrong.

<b>When did the USA start diving? fucking embarassing</b>

Agree, but that's all the refs respond to.

Wow, taking DeMerit over Bocanegra, that is insanity. 

Jay DeMerit has athleticism and some skill on the ball whereas Bocanegra is a chronic cheater and is slow. Bocanegra = Carr in my book. I will admit that Bocanegra actually shows comittment and passion for Fulham which Carr almost never did for us, but there ends the difference.

Really impressed with the USA, despite lacking energy and the technical skill of Spain they more than made up for it with the fight they showed. Altidore learning from Shearer could be worth a look if we ever get sold.

DeMerit?  :mackems: