Another Arab Takeover

Ketsbaia

Here you go

I'm not in a position to write anything official here, but a bit more on the Arab 'buyer.'

Just checked back on some old notes and need to put something right.

It was Manchester City and NOT Portsmouth he tried to buy last August.

That potential deal was teed up by, among others, Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce and Dave Richards from the Premier League.

I believe Keith Harris is currently working on finding a buyer for a well-known club...OUTSIDE the Premier League.

You can join the dots, I don't want to do so in print yet.

Awesome sleuthing there, he's a regular one-man Woodward and Bernstein, isn't he?

Keith Harris is involved in pretty much EVERY takeover of a PL club by foreigners.

Here you go

I'm not in a position to write anything official here, but a bit more on the Arab 'buyer.'

Just checked back on some old notes and need to put something right.

It was Manchester City and NOT Portsmouth he tried to buy last August.

That potential deal was teed up by, among others, Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce and Dave Richards from the Premier League.

I believe Keith Harris is currently working on finding a buyer for a well-known club...OUTSIDE the Premier League.

You can join the dots, I don't want to do so in print yet.

Awesome sleuthing there, he's a regular one-man Woodward and Bernstein, isn't he?

Keith Harris is involved in pretty much EVERY takeover of a PL club by foreigners.

If the Arab has mad money he can have what's left of my footballing soul.

It won't be us though.

This taken from the official site that the story was first reported.

Ahmed acquires 60% of a leading English football club

Jun 21, 2009 - 08:30 -

WAM Ras Al Khaimah, 21st June 2009 (WAM) -- Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Department of Customs and Seaports, has acquired 60 per cent of a leading English club of premier league Sheikh Ahmed will be the honorary chairman of the club.

More details about the deal will be announced at a press conference to be held within the few coming days.

The bit in bold must surely put an end to speculating suggesting it's us sadly.

No capitals. He might just think the fizzy pop is the best league.

:lol:

That means sticking in the league would be a priority.  :frantic:

Maybe he's just ambitious and still sees us as a Premier League club.  O0

I'm hanging onto the hope that Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi understands that Newcastle are a premier league calibre club despite our current predicament.

I'm going to ride this pipe dream till it is kaput and then hopefully there will be another faint hope to hang on to. Things are way too depressing at the moment otherwise.

regarding the 60% Nicko says

Guessing here...but Ashley may want to retain an interest in the club and the buyer [if it is Newcastle] would also be paying less for it than he would have to for 100 per cent.

could u imagine  :frantic:

Guessing here...but Ashley may want to retain an interest in the club and the buyer [if it is Newcastle] would also be paying less for it than he would have to for 100 per cent.

NICKO IS FULL OF SHIT, HE'S FULL OF SHIT, FULL OF SHIT.

NICKO IS FULL OF SHIT, HE'S FULL OF SHIT, FULL OF SHIT.

feel better?

no-one is saying he isnt.

NICKO IS FULL OF s***, HE'S FULL OF s***, FULL OF s***.

feel better?

no-one is saying he isnt.

I know i just felt like saying it anyway :D

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2496930/Ahmed-Sheiks-off-Prem-League-club-buy-out-talk.html

BILLIONAIRE Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasim has denied buying a Premier League club.

Reports in the United Arab Emirates had linked him with a 60 per cent stake in an unnamed side.

But both Sheikh Ahmed, the chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Customs and Ports Department, and the Premier League insist they know nothing of the bid.

UAE businessman Sulaiman al Fahim also denied Sheikh Ahmed was behind his offer for Portsmouth earlier this week.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan became the first Arab owner of an English club when he took over Manchester City last summer

He says nothing about a championship club!

Clutching i know, but will get the thread bumping a bit!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2496930/Ahmed-Sheiks-off-Prem-League-club-buy-out-talk.html

BILLIONAIRE Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasim has denied buying a Premier League club.

Reports in the United Arab Emirates had linked him with a 60 per cent stake in an unnamed side.

But both Sheikh Ahmed, the chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Customs and Ports Department, and the Premier League insist they know nothing of the bid.

UAE businessman Sulaiman al Fahim also denied Sheikh Ahmed was behind his offer for Portsmouth earlier this week.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan became the first Arab owner of an English club when he took over Manchester City last summer

He says nothing about a championship club!

Clutching i know, but will get the thread bumping a bit!

Sweeeeeet!

This could be a goer!

• 1 year later...