The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I like the fact you never reveal how much you've placed until you win  O0

shouls be a rule of the thread. "no decleration of bets after kick off". sometimes i'm suspicious of peiople saying about their accys or waiting on one result when we only find out after.

Revealing your bets = jinx though :undecided:

Not sure if taht's supposed to be sarcastic or not  :lol:

Anyway for tomorrow.

Newcastle

Kiev

Arsenal

Lyon

£10. Returs £115.

I was planning to post this acc this morning but you beat me to it

Only by about 8 hours

shouls be a rule of the thread. "no decleration of bets after kick off". sometimes i'm suspicious of peiople saying about their accys or waiting on one result when we only find out after.

Revealing your bets = jinx though :undecided:

Aye seems to be for me. I now say if I win afterwards but don't say how much.

:sadnod: Hate this, some of my mates have a habit of suddenly only mentioning their bets halfway through the afternoon when there's just one result left to come in or they've all won, even if we've been discussing what bets we've got on earlier in the day and there was no mention then. Fairly certain they just don't mention the ones that don't win.

My bets might be canny shit at times, but I mention them all in here.

Yeah ... because people really want to impress people like you. Don't flatter yourself.

Put a massive £30 (student) on Chelsea, Man Utd, Bayern, R.Madrid, Boro and WBA, won £360. Absolutely chuffed.

More often than not playing it simple & obvious is better than punting(AKA the daft £5 accumulator . Well played :thup:

I've only bet a few times, done the standard thing of putting a couple of quid on a wild 6/7 game accy. Not going to bother with that anymore. Might as well increase the stake and like you say just bet on dead certs.

Would watch out for Dynamo tonight I've seen them at evens, but Rubin Kazan look like quite a side to beat. Top of the Russian league with 46 points from 21 games. Won their last 5 games on the trot. Got a goal difference of +33 compared to Spartak's +16 and CSKA's +12. They were 4/1 yesterday, been cut to 14/5 today.

Yeah ... because people really want to impress people like you. Don't flatter yourself.

Put a massive £30 (student) on Chelsea, Man Utd, Bayern, R.Madrid, Boro and WBA, won £360. Absolutely chuffed.

More often than not playing it simple & obvious is better than punting(AKA the daft £5 accumulator . Well played :thup:

I've only bet a few times, done the standard thing of putting a couple of quid on a wild 6/7 game accy. Not going to bother with that anymore. Might as well increase the stake and like you say just bet on dead certs.

It is definitely the way to go, anyone who's even semi-serious about their betting will tell you the same.

I do, however, understand people who put a bit of dough on a few games to make them interesting just for the fun of it. It's not the way to make money in the long run though.

It is definitely the way to go, anyone who's even semi-serious about their betting will tell you the same.

I do, however, understand people who put a bit of dough on a few games to make them interesting just for the fun of it. It's not the way to make money in the long run though.

Aye true, depends what you're after from betting really. My boyfriend is really into Betfair, and will bet what seems to me like stupid amounts on "dead certs" in order to make a few pence/quid profit. For me, that takes all the fun out of betting whatsoever. I'd never want to spend £50 on a bet, regardless of how likely it is to come off, just in case it didn't happen, whereas I wouldn't miss a few quid if the bet doesn't happen, and it's more enjoyable (personally) to watch out for a few different results coming in and celebrate random teams scoring last minute winners to win you the bet.

Each to their own I suppose. Personally, if I wanted guaranteed money I'd just get a second job.  :lol:

Would watch out for Dynamo tonight I've seen them at evens, but Rubin Kazan look like quite a side to beat. Top of the Russian league with 46 points from 21 games. Won their last 5 games on the trot. Got a goal difference of +33 compared to Spartak's +16 and CSKA's +12. They were 4/1 yesterday, been cut to 14/5 today.

not to impress me but to impress generally.

Another Forum I'm on are setting up this

10 people start off chipping in a quid each and between them pick a bet on each game day.

the rules:

the bet must be evens or better and it must be a single.

The 10 between them decide on the bet, if not everyone is around, majority rules.

To start off with it's a run of 10 bets putting the winnings on each time.