The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I'm not an expert but I sense I know why you're not winning.

Me too ;) But it's boring winning small numbers :laugh:

£40-£50 is a canny tidy sum in my books like.  :lol:

But it's more fun to stick asmaller stake and more teams on.

My advice would be to look at Leagues 1 and 2 more closely. You get better odds and I find more predictable games.

£40-£50 is a canny tidy sum in my books like.  :lol:

But it's more fun to stick asmaller stake and more teams on.

Weirdly enough, it makes Saturday's more interesting. Especially when the Toon aren't playing. Makes me actually want to watch SSN.

My advice would be to look at Leagues 1 and 2 more closely. You get better odds and I find more predictable games.

Definitely - I've found thus far this year since I have been making more realistic bets, those 2 leagues have been good. You get the odd freak result like anywhere but it's a bit more predictable than other divisions.

Definitely - I've found thus far this year since I have been making more realistic bets, those 2 leagues have been good. You get the odd freak result like anywhere but it's a bit more predictable than other divisions.

In the Premiership even teams like Pompey, Hull and Burnley have quality to get results here and there whereas, for the most part (apart from when the Quakers are playing fucking Rotherham) betting against teams like Stockport and Darlington has been like printing money. Ditto betting on Norwich and Rochdale where you get far better odds than if you bet on Man Utd and actually a better chance of a result (apart from Rochdale and Messi, touchy subject).

£10 on Inter/Ajax/Derby/Arsenal/Rochdale/Norwich/Leicester/Blackpool = £450 or something.

Totally agree with Wullie regarding the lower leagues btw. Better value/predictability. The top flight big hitters have been a joke this season.

Was thinking of sticking a fiver on:

Arsenal

Rangers

Chelsea

Man Utd

Livingston

Alloa

Newcastle

Norwich

Celtic

Charlton

Rochdale

If you don't bet on it, then it's guaranteed to come up. You have no choice now  O0

But if he does bet, the chances are it'll fail. What to do :frantic:

Quid on 4-1 Newcastle at 22/1. I went for West Ham/Newcastle/Bury (£10 at about 4/1) since I'd already said it out loud and was fucked either way. Also copied gdm's Coventry/Leicester/Huddersfield (almost 15/1) bet, given his recent luck. Did that one as a trixie, which I'd not done before, see how that works out.

If I get nowt at all tomorrow I'll be just about ready to pack it in tbh.

In the Premiership even teams like Pompey, Hull and Burnley have quality to get results here and there whereas, for the most part (apart from when the Quakers are playing fucking Rotherham) betting against teams like Stockport and Darlington has been like printing money. Ditto betting on Norwich and Rochdale where you get far better odds than if you bet on Man Utd and actually a better chance of a result (apart from Rochdale and Messi, touchy subject).

The whole point of betting is to get the most value. You get the most value from the lower leagues because they're more unpredictable. If you look at leagues like the French 2nd division you get some ridiculously good odds.

West Ham  @ 8/11

Newcastle  @ 2/5

Leeds  @ 2/5

Norwich  @ 4/11

Huddersfield  @ 5/4

Rochdale  @ 4/11

2 quid accumulator at just over 12/1

Arsenal -2.5

West Ham to win to nil

Pompey v Brum - both teams to score

Fulham v Spurs - both teams to score

5 pound 4 fold, 19.5/1

Carlton Cole 1st goalscorer and 2-0 West Ham, 2 quid 25/1

I'm quite tempted to stick about 25 quid on West Ham to win to nil at 13/8, Bolton's away form is utterly disastrous, they haven't scored away for over 7 hours of football, and West Ham are half decent at home especially with Carlton Cole back.

Have now except my 30 quid bet on Wolfsburg, Arsenal, Man Utd, Inter and Marseille

put 3quid on us to win, leicster and brom to win and nottingham to draw. return roughly 70 quid.

Also put a fiver on Leeds, Norwich and Charlton win.

I think I've got a psychic link with Swindon. All 6 or so times I've bet on them this season they've won. Avoided them today, early K/O plus Bristol Rovers are canny.

0-3 at HT.

I think I've got a psychic link with Swindon. All 6 or so times I've bet on them this season they've won. Avoided them today, early K/O plus Bristol Rovers are canny.

0-3 at HT.

Bet on League One, it's quite predictable blah blah blah :angry:

Quid on 4-1 Newcastle at 22/1.  I went for West Ham/Newcastle/Bury (£10 at about 4/1) since I'd already said it out loud and was fucked either way.  Also copied gdm's Coventry/Leicester/Huddersfield (almost 15/1) bet, given his recent luck.  Did that one as a trixie, which I'd not done before, see how that works out.

If I get nowt at all tomorrow I'll be just about ready to pack it in tbh.

My bets are practically finished already. :lol: West Ham man, ffs.