The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Guest ObaStar

tevez hardly played this year and ronaldo had a much worse season than last year. They still will have the best back 5 combination in the league, the most experienced/successful manager, rooney who has shown he can scores shit loads for england and will most likely sign someone like ribery or benzema who can do the job ronaldo did the year before last (i.e. mainly assists)

tevez hardly played this year and ronaldo had a much worse season than last year. They still will have the best back 5 combination in the league, the most experienced/successful manager, rooney who has shown he can scores s*** loads for england and will most likely sign someone like ribery or benzema who can do the job ronaldo did the year before last (i.e. mainly assists)

Ribery or Benezema doing the job Ronaldo did the year before last? Don't make me laugh mate

Their back 5 is all about Rio Ferdinand for me, and injuries are starting to have their say

Guest ObaStar

tevez hardly played this year and ronaldo had a much worse season than last year. They still will have the best back 5 combination in the league, the most experienced/successful manager, rooney who has shown he can scores s*** loads for england and will most likely sign someone like ribery or benzema who can do the job ronaldo did the year before last (i.e. mainly assists)

Ribery or Benezema doing the job Ronaldo did the year before last? Don't make me laugh mate

Their back 5 is all about Rio Ferdinand for me, and injuries are starting to have their say

I don't mean the year he had like 40 goals, i mean the year before that. 10 goals 10 assists? I think ribery could do that. I mean Arshavin came in mid season and finished with 6 goals 6 assists.

Just seen that William Hill have us 5/1 favourites for the Championship, but at 20/1 reckon Cardiff, QPR, Reading, Ipswich, Sheff Utd, Boro & WBA have less chance of being relegated. :lol:

Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that we will suddenly start winning?

Just seen that William Hill have us 5/1 favourites for the Championship, but at 20/1 reckon Cardiff, QPR, Reading, Ipswich, Sheff Utd, Boro & WBA have less chance of being relegated. :lol:

Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that we will suddenly start winning?

Sunderland managed it so don't see why we can't.

just put £70 on us to win the championship at just over 5/1.

takeover permitting,plenty of time to lay out if necessary

I think that's a good move purely on the basis that we're due some luck soon. I might join you.

• 5 weeks later...

anyone got any accumulators on for the weekend

Nope, I'm staying well away from accies for 2 or 3 weeks to let the season settle down slightly.

That said, for individual matches, I'd imagine you'd get some pretty good value bets.

anyone got any accumulators on for the weekend

Nope, I'm staying well away from accies for 2 or 3 weeks to let the season settle down slightly.

Gay.

Ooo err.

I mean that. Thinking and logic has no place in betting. You get a bit pissed, lob a few quid on and hope for the best. That's gambling.

I wont start the big betting till the premiership starts, since i'm not the best informed about the championship.

I do have a £2 accumulator on the following:

Reading

Sheff Wed

Watford

Cardiff

Palace

Derby

Preston

QPR

Us to Draw

Leiciester to Draw

winnings are about £3300  :lol:

not a betting man tbh.  was thinking of 8 quid on mancity to win league....

depends on drogba returning to form really.  wil have to watch a manu game to see how owen plays before deciding.

5 quid on newcastle for relegatio is a banker.  5 quid on nufc as champiohs incase we get sold within 2 weeks......actually ill probably forget to do it, and spend it on beer insead )

FFS. Now I remember why I stopped betting on football matches.

Decent odds on the Galatasaray game staying under 4.5 goals. At half time it was 2-1, so put some money on. Stayed 2-1 until the 85th fucking minute... GOAL! ... 89th minute... GOAL!

Fucking twats. It's all rigged, I swear.

what odds did you get? anything less than evens and I wouldn't say you had 'good odds'...

Anyways, have gone for

Man Utd

Ipswich

Huddersfield

Bury

Rangers

£5 e/w