BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest KeithKettleborough

Its a case of back to where we were so I am unhappy about it.  All the mess over the past year or so doesn't make this return any better and even the appointment of Shearer resulting from it, shouldn't be a reason for welcoming Freddy back. Its just an ego trip as no other reason for him wanting to return. He doesn't need the money, cant repeat past glories which generally came under Bobby and he probably cant even buy the players he would like to with the vastly reduced income coming into the club. Only hope would have been to be taken over by a billionaire  :joker:

Its a case of back to where we were so I am unhappy about it.  All the mess over the past year or so doesn't make this return any better and even the appointment of Shearer resulting from it, shouldn't be a reason for welcoming Freddy back. Its just an ego trip as no other reason for him wanting to return. He doesn't need the money, cant repeat past glories which generally came under Bobby and he probably cant even buy the players he would like to with the vastly reduced income coming into the club. Only hope would have been to be taken over by a billionaire  :joker:

This this this.

The bit in bold especially.

I hate that man.

At least if Freddy takes over soon, we can start signing players straight away and sorting out a few contracts. I dont think Shepherd is someone who'll be balancing the books as soon as he comes in, he'll be more inclined to say "f*** the overdraft, f*** the wage bill, if we're back in the Premiership next season we'll immediately write off the debt created this season, so lets do it. Get me the best quote for a £50m loan now".

If we can sign someone like Frazier Campbell as a star Championship signing in amongst several other youngsters, and keep some of Bassong/Beye/Taylor/Jonas, we'll have a big, big chance of bouncing straight back up. In fact, with Freddie and his acceptance of racking up debt in order to keep star players at the club, I'd be confident that we'll trounce the Championship and be straight back in the Premiership for 2010/11.

That's how I see it too. If ever there was a time for short-termist thinking, I believe this is it. Shepherd is not a long term answer to our problems, the man's an absolute c*ck who makes rash decisions, tends to neglect youth investment, scouting and consequently racks up debt buying more established players. But I do believe he'll do what it takes to get us back up and as a fan that's what I want. It'll be a lot easier to sort out the debt if/when we're back up. It's a gamble spending money that's not yours but consider the alternatives. Reshaping the club for the Championship long-term, and thus cementing our place in it? f*** that. We need back in the Premier League before the parachute payments go away. I reckon a few of our better players will stay and give us a season to get back up. They did the same at West Ham and Juventus. But the longer you're down the harder it is to get back up.

Gutted. Obviously better than having Ashley any longer than we need to, but I'm not going to sit here and say I'm happy. What a waste of 2 years, we've ended out back where we started.  Only us, great. 

A fucking farce.

At least if Freddy takes over soon, we can start signing players straight away and sorting out a few contracts. I dont think Shepherd is someone who'll be balancing the books as soon as he comes in, he'll be more inclined to say "f*** the overdraft, f*** the wage bill, if we're back in the Premiership next season we'll immediately write off the debt created this season, so lets do it. Get me the best quote for a £50m loan now".

If we can sign someone like Frazier Campbell as a star Championship signing in amongst several other youngsters, and keep some of Bassong/Beye/Taylor/Jonas, we'll have a big, big chance of bouncing straight back up. In fact, with Freddie and his acceptance of racking up debt in order to keep star players at the club, I'd be confident that we'll trounce the Championship and be straight back in the Premiership for 2010/11.

I reckon a few of our better players will stay and give us a season to get back up. They did the same at West Ham and Juventus.

when did West Ham go down?

If this is true then FS must get our full support & let's hope he gets it cheap as fuck as we need that cash in the club not with MA. The simple fact would be that no wealthy investors want us, MA would happily see us rot and given that FS would be a (can't believe I'm saying this) a god send. He just better not bring in his family and start milking the club again.

If he gets us up and the economic climate improves with him making a mint on another sale to someone with money and ambition then good luck to him.

Come on then Fred; you fat, horrible, patronising, greedy, embarrassing saviour of the Toon.

Guest Brazilianbob

could this be a ploy to get the club back into the premiership and then sell on for a profit

And why not?  If any of us had the financial clout and wherewithall to do the same then we would.  Its called business!  Having said that FS was forced out by SJH accepting MA bid, coupled to the fact that he was ill in hospital so couldn't fight the takeover off, which in my book means he is in it for his love of the club, and granted he got perks like a massive salary but no more than the chairmen any other big clubs

I reckon a few of our better players will stay and give us a season to get back up. They did the same at West Ham and Juventus.

when did West Ham go down?

Not so long ago. Carrick was with them then.

FFS, how much did he get selling his shares, 50 something million for 43% - now he might get the whole club for 60 mil.

You couldn't make it up.

didnt he have 29%? there was a big fuss over him getting over 30 last time

Whoever buys the club will need to budget about £60m for the coming season, just to cover wages in the case that we can't shift most of the useless knackers who took us down.  Shepherd cannot afford that, he's not worth more than £45m on his own.

Either he's found other people with enough cash to buy the club or he's mortgaging the club to fund the purchase like Man Utd.

ive woken up in a cold sweat. i knew something had gone gravely wrong.   

Pissed the bed?

Pissing the bed would be a dream compared to FFS taking over at the helm again.

and...

C.Ronaldo is worth more than Newcastle United :lol: unbelievable

Aye but as Taylor so rightly said he'll still be ugly in the morning.

http://www.cristiano-ronaldo-pictures.com/cristiano-ronaldo-photo.jpg

I'm sure he wakes up in the morning, sees himself in the mirror and sheds a tear...

Hate the man and think he's no good long term for the club if he continues the path he was on before, however he's better than what we've got now and will allow us to concentrate on football knowing we'll have a manager in place and a setup in place.  Been a long long time since we've been able to do that.