BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok then Ashley boys,.

WHO ON HERE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT SHEPHERD WHEN WE WERE PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

What Leeds fan was complaining about Ridsdale when they were in the Champions League, or Southampton fans moaning about Rupert Lowe when they were top 10 and in the FA Cup Final.

Does anyone think that Shepherd will have the money to move the Club forward? And I doubt very much that Ashley will accept £60m for something he's adamant he wants £100m for.

Allardyce was a fucking disaster for this club and the even the players wanted nowt to do with him or his tactics. Remember post match commenets after Wigan on Boxing Day when he said something like "I'd hate to think my job is reliant on these players" or in laymans terms these players fucking hate everthing I'm trying to get them to do.

Do folk remember the reason it took Keegan nearly 10 games to turn things around? The fitness of the squad was fucking appalling. And this from a manager who prided himself on not leaving any stone unturned in looking after player conditioning.

Shepherd is a cunt and Allardyce (and Souness) are no better. Roeder was his yes man. I seriously wonder why Alan Shearer would want to work with this pathetic cunt.

Ok then Ashley boys,.

WHO ON HERE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT SHEPHERD WHEN WE WERE PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I'm not a Ashley boy but it's from one crap chairman to another who's at least got experience. I did complain when FFS was chairman whilst we were in the Champions League. In fact I've not bought any merchandise from the club since before the Champions League as I frankly didn't like to see my money line his pockets and not reach the club. So that will continue I'll buy my ticket but noubt else.

Guest elbee909

Ok then Ashley boys,.

Souness.

freddie isnt the perfect choice - but if he get's a £60m bid accepted then it means there isnt a billionaire sugar daddy around the corner waiting to finance us up the league. if there is another bidder offering more than £60m - rumours are that 2 bidders are front runners - then ashley will sell to them and you wont have to worry about freddie. if freddy is the only one making a bid, and you dont't want freddie back - then the only option is that ashley carries on into the season with hughton in chagre, no new players, and a firesale to reduce costs - which all means further relegation.

GOOD.

Edit to expand:  The possibilities at the moment are either

1) Freddy and co

2) Not being sold, drifting rudderless into the new season

3) New owners who are about as hapless as Mike and/or want the club for the wrong reasons

4) A rich oil baron type with a good understanding of how to run a football club.

As two of those are worse than the known quantity of FS and the other is highly unlikely, I'd be perfectly happy with playing it safe and having the devil you know back rather than rolling the dice on the other options.

Guest toonlass

Greggs will be clapping their hands. Tray of steak bakes up to St James Park as a welcome back gift no doubts.

Hate the man and think he's no good long term for the club if he continues the path he was on before, however he's better than what we've got now and will allow us to concentrate on football knowing we'll have a manager in place and a setup in place.  Been a long long time since we've been able to do that.

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

Guest Mucky01

this is a strange story from the Beeb, it’s what you’d expect from NOTW. No source and no one else running anything on it either.

Fuck this. I give up on Newcastle United Comedy Club.

Wake me when we're in League 1.

I'll have to disagree. If FS gets control over the club again we will not drop down a division. Chances are that we'll actually gain promotion at the first try though. And that wouldn't be so bad, now would it?

As for the giving up part, don't go there. As you all use to say, we're like a beat-up wife, we keep coming back.

Ok then Ashley boys,.

Souness.

Thread should have been closed right then. It's the unbeatable arguement.

Fucking bollocks!

As glad as i'm to see the back of Ashley the thought of the fat one returning has just left me in a cold sweat.

So people who thought it couldn't get much worse, it just has!  What a kick to the balls!

I voted yes

Ok then Ashley boys,.

what you on about. fred was never in charge due to him being a minority shareholder.

(or so some say)

The reports are still saying that he will be the lead figure of a consortium which would mean he isn't in full control of the club.

If he put the consortium together and is putting money in it could mean exactly that.

I voted yes,he knows Newcastle inside out and will still have great connections in the game.

He wont be in this alone so wont be fully incharge of all the finances so i cant see him making the same mistakes twice.