Pre-Season Training

CaliMag

Guest gggg

:lol: It's like school with a substitute teacher.

Definitely going to be more club 18-30 than a fitness program.

No wonder we were relegated last year - well if last years training resembled those pictures that is.

ah a bit of fun after a good traning session nowt the matter with that at all, rather see that then see them all just sitting about looking down and worried.

No wonder we were relegated last year - well if last years training resembled those pictures that is.

ah a bit of fun after a good traning session nowt the matter with that at all, rather see that then see them all just sitting about looking down and worried.

:nods:

Only training picture that worries me is Steve Harper with that nerf football. Is that real training?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/06/newcastle-united-stars-at-training-boot-camp-72703-24084819/

NEWCASTLE United’s bewildered troops underwent the first day of a gruelling, week-long “boot camp” style training regime in Dublin by waking at the crack of dawn.

With caretaker boss Chris Hughton in charge, the programme saw United begin a training schedule that sees them put through their paces THREE times a day.

The programme was actually drawn up by Alan Shearer during his short tenure in charge before Mike Ashley decided to sell up and leave the Toon legend in limbo.

United started at 7am this morning – and this was due to be followed by sessions three hours later and again at around 4pm this afternoon.

I have to say, that is heartening to me. He's not there yet but they're doing what he planned.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/06/newcastle-united-stars-at-training-boot-camp-72703-24084819/

NEWCASTLE United’s bewildered troops underwent the first day of a gruelling, week-long “boot camp” style training regime in Dublin by waking at the crack of dawn.

With caretaker boss Chris Hughton in charge, the programme saw United begin a training schedule that sees them put through their paces THREE times a day.

The programme was actually drawn up by Alan Shearer during his short tenure in charge before Mike Ashley decided to sell up and leave the Toon legend in limbo.

United started at 7am this morning – and this was due to be followed by sessions three hours later and again at around 4pm this afternoon.

I have to say, that is heartening to me. He's not there yet but they're doing what he planned.

Yeah its like Al is incharge on the quiet lol

Or just go home quietly?

I have absolutely no time for Hughton, or half(ish) of our squad for that matter.

Going home quietly was probably one of contributing factors as to why we went down.

This type of stuff is what I like to see in training. As long as they're doing the hard work too (which it looks like they are from the pics).

let see the other side   ;D ;D ;D

EXCLUSIVE: Tuncay, Mido and Alves stun Southgate by training no show for

Middlesbrough

By JOHN EDWARDS

Last updated at 1:09 AM on 07th July 2009

Gareth Southgate's increasingly troubled Middlesbrough reign reached crisis

point yesterday when three senior players failed to turn up for the start of

pre-season training.

Temperamental Egypt striker Mido, Brazil flop Afonso Alves and Turkey

forward Tuncay were all missing as relegated Boro began preparations for

their return to the Coca-Cola Championship.

Southgate is sure to take disciplinary action against his absent trio and

will step up his efforts to find buyers for all three.

Or just go home quietly?

I have absolutely no time for Hughton, or half(ish) of our squad for that matter.

Going home quietly was probably one of contributing factors as to why we went down.

That's a strange assumption.

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

let see the other side  ;D ;D ;D

EXCLUSIVE: Tuncay, Mido and Alves stun Southgate by training no show for

Middlesbrough

By JOHN EDWARDS

Last updated at 1:09 AM on 07th July 2009

Gareth Southgate's increasingly troubled Middlesbrough reign reached crisis

point yesterday when three senior players failed to turn up for the start of

pre-season training.

Temperamental Egypt striker Mido, Brazil flop Afonso Alves and Turkey

forward Tuncay were all missing as relegated Boro began preparations for

their return to the Coca-Cola Championship.

Southgate is sure to take disciplinary action against his absent trio and

will step up his efforts to find buyers for all three.

We'll we are, in many ways. 

Ideally the new manager (as well as his back-room staff) should be in place prior to pre-season training so acclimatisation between players and coaches is sorted, and the squad can begin working on the new managers principles and playing system.

Also a lack of new manager means the much needed investment into the squad wont be taking place until very late in the window, which is not ideal.

Guest Roger Kint

And people are worried that we're slipping behind that lot while the takeover drags on.

Dont think anyone seriously expected those three to be anywhere near Boro come their first game tbh