Huddersfield Town 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/07/09

Ash

Guest toonlass

What was the goal actually like, then? Lee Ryder didn't exactly paint a picture.

Lee Ryder didn't actually mention any of the match

What was the goal actually like, then? Lee Ryder didn't exactly paint a picture.

A bit like the goal he scored away at Arsenal for Bolton when he lobbed Lehmann but not as good, ball played over the top into the area and he held off a few players and lifted it over the keeper who could only get fingers tips to it. The fans were pretty good tonight apart from two drunks who kept standing up singing "trainers off if you love the toon" haha.

Nolan broke through midfield and kind of chipped the keeper, somehow, bit of a howler from the keeper really. Soft goal.

Lee Ryder didn't actually mention any of the match

Yeah, reminds me of the comment 'Lee, wouldn't people rather hear about the game than Habib Beye's facial expressions' which was pretty true. What was he actually doing there?

Not sure what to make of Beye doing that after hearing this. All I know is that he was the one player that performed on a regular basis for us last season and showed he should of been captain. I know he had a couple of dodgy games after injury but that can be expected. Pure frustration from a footballer that actually gives a fuck?

A bit like the goal he scored away at Arsenal for Bolton when he lobbed Lehmann but not as good, ball played over the top into the area and he held off a few players and lifted it over the keeper who could only get fingers tips to it. The fans were pretty good tonight apart from two drunks who kept standing up singing "trainers off if you love the toon" haha.

Used to be shoes, it shows the difference in class between the Premier League and the Championshit.

Not sure what to make of Beye doing that after hearing this. All I know is that he was the one player that performed on a regular basis for us last season and showed he should of been captain. I know he had a couple of dodgy games after injury but that can be expected. Pure frustration from a footballer that actually gives a fuck?

That's what it looks like to me. Easier just to slag him off though.

Guest toonlass

Aye, too easy to have a go at him

Guest Alan Shearer 9

You're right it is easy to have a go at a player when they are a raging anger fuelled homosapien spreading the bad example to the youth in newcastle. It would not surprise me with the felony count in our squad alone if they city is swamped by crime now in the aftermath of these 'friendly' games.

Do you really think Beye gives a fuck about NUFC? He gives a fuck about the ££££££ going in his bank every month and that is it. Although I'm glad to conceed he isn't alone in his thoughts.

If they were as pissed off as they say their transfer requests would be siiting on Ashleys desk right now. They wont do that though will they? I wonder why?

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure what to make of Beye doing that after hearing this. All I know is that he was the one player that performed on a regular basis for us last season and showed he should of been captain. I know he had a couple of dodgy games after injury but that can be expected. Pure frustration from a footballer that actually gives a f***?

Do you really think Beye gives a f*** about NUFC? He gives a f*** about the ££££££ going in his bank every month and that is it. Although I'm glad to conceed he isn't alone in his thoughts.

If they were as pissed off as they say their transfer requests would be siiting on Ashleys desk right now. They wont do that though will they? I wonder why?

^ Is the easy and wrong answer to cover the fact that he's a fucking excellent footballer who will be sorely missed by 99% of Newcastle fans.

Do you really think Beye gives a fuck about NUFC? He gives a fuck about the ££££££ going in his bank every month and that is it. Although I'm glad to conceed he isn't alone in his thoughts.

How do you know they already haven't?

Guest FlapjackJoe

To be honest, I saw a post-match interview with Beye on nufcTV last season - it was after the Spurs away game and he looked really really gutted.  He seems like he does care a bit more for the club than most of the other tossers.

Edit:

This clip - http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/sub/TVNews/0,,10278~1633308,00.html

He just really really looked down.

He does care more than most ... or he's just more professional than most.

Didn't play too badly tonight, just lacked a quality final ball and the movement still isn't brilliant. Jonas didn't look at all interested. LuaLua was the stand out performer, looked dangerous when he had the ball at his feet. Guthrie was horrific though and Coloccini wasn't much better.

The Beye incident was quite interesting. He went toe-to-toe with the Huddersfield player (think it was Clarke?), words were said then Clarke ran off back towards the halfway line with Beye chasing after him. The ref blew for half time and Beye, along with Taylor, tried to explain something to him, pointing at Clarke. Beye then chased after Clarke again and with that it turned into a melee. Beye had to be restrained several times but he kept fighting everybody off him in order to get to Clarke. I've never seen Beye like that before, he looked absolutely furious.

I'm still in shock about Huddersfield bullshitting about how many fans we had there too. They announced it as somewhere in the region of 1,600 (can't remember the exact amount). We easily had 2,500+ there, probably more towards 3,000.

In late on this one, hectic night last night.

What has happened with Beye, I read comsething on .COM but it didn't really go into much detail.

According to the press in Huddersfield, scouts from Arsenal, West Ham, Bolton, Everton, Hull, Man City(???), Watford, Leicester and Sheff Utd were at the game last night.

Guest Stephen927

According to the press in Huddersfield, scouts from Arsenal, West Ham, Bolton, Everton, Hull, Man City(???), Watford, Leicester and Sheff Utd were at the game last night.

Arsenal - Gutierrez, Lua Lua(?)

West Ham - Carroll, S. Taylor, Beye

Bolton - Same as West Ham and Guthrie

Everton - Gutierrez, Guthrie, Beye

Hull - Nolan, Barton, Beye, Guthrie, Carroll, any NUFC player with a pulse

Man City - Gutierrez

Probably similar for the rest.