Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Wish Pardew would keep his fucking mouth shut, most of what he comes out with is fucking woeful stuff.

Throwing your young goalkeeper under the bus in an attempt to find a scapegoat for a pathetic team performance. Doesn't surprise me though, I really wish our entire club wasn't run by cunts.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/10/pardew-cup-defeat-was-down-to-tiredness-61634-27957717/?

With Steve Harper’s wife due to give birth, Holland Under-21 captain Tim Krul was given an opportunity in goal.

Pardew blamed him for setting an unfortunate tone. He added: “We did not pass the ball well. The goalkeeper had a problem kicking the ball, he seemed to be shanking a lot of kicks.

“That was putting us under a lot of pressure.

“That was not the sort of standard we expect from Newcastle and what I expect as a manager.”

Not sure what to make of this. Krul had a poor game, of that there is no doubt, but isn't part of the manager's job to instil confidence in his players going forward? I can't see him referring to Harper as 'the goalkeeper' and effectively saying he's not good enough for the club. :undecided:

I don't see the problem? He was fucking awful and needed telling so. That was probably his last game to show why he deserves a place at this club and he failed miserably.

Krul definitely needs to work on his kicking, it's been terrible recently. Might be down to confidence though, he's still very young for a goalkeeper.

Whether or not Pardew is using the media well to motivate a player, or whether he'll piss him off more, is debatable - I don't know what sort of character Krul is.

Krul definitely needs to work on his kicking, it's been terrible recently. Might be down to confidence though, he's still very young for a goalkeeper.

Whether or not Pardew is using the media well to motivate a player, or whether he'll piss him off more, is debatable - I don't know what sort of character Krul is.

I wonder if he's not concentrating on it as much with the new GK Coach - he had a very good relationship with the previous one apparently.

Very bizarre to single out Krul but not say a single word about Alan Smith's performance.

Much as I find Smith's contribution laughable, I don't think that would be clever or helpful either. But with a young player - particularly a goalkeeper who cannot influence 90% of the play - it's just moronic.

I'm reminded of the posts from a certain member on here about how Ashley supposedly felt Hughton was too pally with the players. Perhaps this is by design. :undecided:

I don't disagree, but in that case it seems a bit daft to criticise him for it continuing in a game where the tactics (either purposely or due to the midfield selection) were to hit it long every time. Especially on a cabbage patch.

He has 1 outstanding game out of 5 and the rest are full of mistakes. You just can't defend that.

WUM-tastic

sorry. krul was fantastic. his distribution to the other team was just what we needed.

He has 1 outstanding game out of 5 and the rest are full of mistakes. You just can't defend that.

The 'debate' here isnt whether he is playing badly. You do understand that dont you?

"krul, you're playing badly, but it's ok. it's not like this is your profession or anything. here, have a one of chris hughton's special lollies"

WUM-tastic

sorry. krul was fantastic. his distribution to the other team was just what we needed.

I haven't seen the Stevenage game, so can't comment on that, but I am more interested in how 4 out of 5 games he has featured in have been full of mistakes as you claim. He's not been a revelation or anything, but he has been quite decent deputising for Harper and I would say there's not much between them all things considered..

The 'debate' here isnt whether he is playing badly. You do understand that dont you?

"krul, you're playing badly, but it's ok. it's not like this is your profession or anything. here, have a one of chris hughton's special lollies"

:facepalm: I didn't think it needed saying, but here goes. The problem people have here is that pardew has come out in the media and blasted Krul and basically putting significant blame on him for losing us the game.

:facepalm: I didn't think it needed saying, but here goes. The problem people have here is that pardew has come out in the media and blasted Krul and basically putting significant blame on him for losing us the game.

He blamed the forwards too and the whole team in general, but nobody brings that up.