Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

His eyes are too far apart. He needs this to change before he can become a top goalkeeper

Every time i see Krul, i think of this guy.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2233/sidthesloth.jpg

Sloths are evrywhere atm in NO :aww:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

His eyes are too far apart. He needs this to change before he can become a top goalkeeper

Every time i see Krul, i think of this guy.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2233/sidthesloth.jpg

:lol:

Tim Krul's career forever ruined now.

Krul played very well against Liverpool and did alright at spurs, but his performances in the other two games makes this chioce a little weird. I Think Carroll deserved to win the award. He was also nominated for the Premier League player of the month award.

one of the rags tomorrow reckons the new goalkeeping coach doesnt rate krul and pardew is set to sell him.

would explain him being dropped and Pardew's mild slagging of him post Stevenage. Would be daft though.

It's reported in the Mirror too, three line article.

they're putting people articles on their website for some reason

same media group. Why the fuck anyone would buy the People though is beyond me.

As it happens, I don't rate Krul that highly either - football is a matter of opinions and as anyone who has been watching the increasingly-boring interchange between madras and I about Forster, I can't - yet - form an opinion on him because I haven't seen him enough....and that is why I would like to see what he can do.

Krul looked decent in his first few appearances but has looked increasing uncertain as the season has gone on - its no surprise to me that we have stopped conceding so many goals since Harper came back because I reckon the defence feel happier with him behind them and he doesn't flap.

Not a BAD keeper, but not top notch or a progression from Harper.

Very believable, and I have to say I don't rate him too highly myself - relative to where (we've always hoped and predicted) he could be at least. Still think it was wrong to drop him in the way that he was dropped.

But, main thing I'd say is I hope we make sure we get top dollar for him because he's still highly rated across Europe, and don't lower his value by shifting blame onto him for bad results...

Doesn't say we're selling him because Woodman doesn't like him though, does it?

Especially given your man Routledge getting hastily chucked to QPR, I wouldn't be surprised to discover Pardew is being told to clear players before he can get many more, and I've never believed we'd possess both Krul and Forster beyond the next 18 months, probably less. One of them is going, and given the way Pardew whipped Krul out the team, he's not going to get many opportunities to prove he should be the one to stay.

I don't know for sure, because he hasn't had a run in the PL, but on balance of probability, Forster has been doing an excellent job for Celtic in the SPL whereas Krul has been adequate in the PL, so I'm putting 2+2 together and hoping for 4.

If I had to put money on who our first choice keeper would be at the start of the 2012/13 season, it'd be on Forster.