Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Only real gripe is his kicking, it really is shocking and isn't getting much better.

I used to think Harper taking forever over every kick, shifting everyone over one side of the pitch and then kicking it stragiht to Routledge on the opposite side was bad enough.

The hit and hope is obviously to do with Pardew, but it doesn't help having players like Williamson and Simpson that are scared of the ball.

Only real gripe is his kicking, it really is shocking and isn't getting much better.

I used to think Harper taking forever over every kick, shifting everyone over one side of the pitch and then kicking it stragiht to Routledge on the opposite side was bad enough.

The hit and hope is obviously to do with Pardew, but it doesn't help having players like Williamson and Simpson that are scared of the ball.

What hit and hope is do with Pardew?

What hit and hope is do with Pardew?

The fact we play a lot of long balls under his tenure, players like Jonas, Cabaye, HBA, Santon, Guthrie get rendered useless by this tactic. 

We've had games where we have played some really nice stuff, parts of QPR, 30 mnutes or so vs Fulham, Villa away, Blackburn home.  But we've also had a lot of games, I would argue more, where we seem to favour hoofing it forward and Pardew has even admitted using those tactics in certain games (Man U it worked, QPR it didn't).

I would like to think if S.Taylor was fit and we had a right back that showed for the ball and didn't punt it anywhere under no pressure.  We would actually try and play from the back a bit more.  Colo and Santon are comfortable in possession and I would hope if the whole back 4 was, Krul might start rolling/throwing it out and AP would encourage this style of play.

Long ball worked just fine when Best and Ba was up top as they both are more then capable to take down the ball. However, when we have Shola up there it bounces all kind of directions all the time. When the ball is kicked up in the air the strikers got a good 5-6 seconds before it hits the ground and they should be able to position themself to take it down before it's even close to there. But again, sholas movement isn't exactly top notch and thats where it how it goes. It did work when he whipped it up to best on the left flank though.

The goal when krul merely assisted though was a shit kick, and some others might have been. Despite this he's had a slight drop in that department the last games and should up his standard abit. Might become abit arrogant?

@SimonPryde Simon Pryde

Tim Krul ignoring transfer speculation . "Every year's the same. Loving life, playing well for club I've always wanted to play for" #nufc

2 minutes ago

:love:

:smitten:

Timmy, Timmy Krul!

"All I have ever wanted to do is play for Newcastle United," he told the club's official website.

"That's been the case since I was a teenager, playing in the juniors and reserves, and it's still the same now."

Carroll, who has scored four Premier League goals this season, added: "Every time I pull on the black and white shirt - and even more so now that I have the number nine on my back - it means the world to me so to be able to do that for at least the next five years is brilliant."

"All I have ever wanted to do is play for Newcastle United," he told the club's official website.

"That's been the case since I was a teenager, playing in the juniors and reserves, and it's still the same now."

Carroll, who has scored four Premier League goals this season, added: "Every time I pull on the black and white shirt - and even more so now that I have the number nine on my back - it means the world to me so to be able to do that for at least the next five years is brilliant."

:lol: That's not cool, man.

Aye, but what was his body language like when he said it?

He's smarter than that. Sent the quote in an email so no one could judge it. With a massive picture of him, thumbs up, smiling. But he does look dead behind the eyes.

doesnt matter what he says. if someone puts in a bid ashley wants, he's off

You can say that about any player and any chairman in the world.

think its more prominent at our club

Aye, but what was his body language like when he said it?

He's smarter than that. Sent the quote in an email so no one could judge it. With a massive picture of him, thumbs up, smiling. But he does look dead behind the eyes.

http://newcastle.theoffside.com/files/2010/10/tim-krul.jpg