Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Thought his kicking was fine tbh, given the amount of times he belted it long it's never going to be accurate every time, no player could do that so as long as it's there for someone to challenge that's fine IMO.

Anyone think Woodman has played a part?  Just seems like a bit of a fruit loop TBH, I'm sure they all speak highly of him and say he is a great laugh etc.  But there must be a reason for him being here other than entertainment.  Krul has come on leaps and bounds since his arrival.

I'm sure he helps, but I'm not sure what goalkeeper coaches can do at this level. Pretty much all professional goalkeepers know everything there is to know about keeping, they just need to execute it on the field.

There is going to be tweaks to be made and each coach might have a different view on strengths and weaknesses and areas that need fine tuning. 

A lot of it is probably down to him developing as a player and gaining confidence.  But his positioning seems a lot better and he's usually really quick off his line.  Is it something they have targeted or just come with experience?  His only real flaw is his kicking, but it was much improved against Man U.

I'm sure he helps, but I'm not sure what goalkeeper coaches can do at this level. Pretty much all professional goalkeepers know everything there is to know about keeping, they just need to execute it on the field.

I think above all else with young ones espicially is just giving them that bit of confidence all goalkeepers need because without it they're nothing

I am sure there are lots of things goalkeeper coaches do to improve keepers that are beyond the knowledge of every day fans. I would imagine stuff like footwork, positioning and timing comes up a lot. Woodman is probably like a dancing coach/judge.

Anyone think Woodman has played a part?  Just seems like a bit of a fruit loop TBH, I'm sure they all speak highly of him and say he is a great laugh etc.  But there must be a reason for him being here other than entertainment.  Krul has come on leaps and bounds since his arrival.

Barron was highly rated though.

Barron was highly rated though.

Not saying he wasn't?  Just that Woodman might have targetd a specific weakness or improved a certain area of his game.  It is probably just down to confidence and experience.  Was hoping maybe someone was ITK because they mentioned Woodman in a talk in or summat  :lol:

No way should we sell Krul, he is very good now and will soon be one of the best in the world IMO.  If we can build a team around him, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye and Ba, I think we can have a very good team.

With a very good right back, right winger, possible cover for Jonas/Santon and two new strikers, we have the making of a very good squad.  The rest we can keep minus Smith as reasonable backup/squad players.

If we can build a team around him, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye and Ba, I think we can have a very good team.

With a very good right back, right winger, possible cover for Jonas/Santon and two new strikers, we have the making of a very good squad.  The rest we can keep minus Smith as reasonable backup/squad players.

aye in an ideal world, but if i'm honest i don't see us holding on to tiote and ba over the summer...and dare i say it...colo