Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

The last two pages have been hilarious :lol:

He was terrible against Stevenage, but then again look at the 10 players infront of him and he was probably one of the best in so much as he didn't concede 10.

Pardew shouldn't be making those comments. He's singling Krul out when the entire team was below par, and the 'goalkeeper' comment won't make him feel wanted at all.

Well Pardew is the same man who kept Tevez on the West Ham Bench for the majority of a season, are we sure we want to disagree with this kind of special judger of players ability???

Tim Krul is a top goalkeeper, he is only 22 and has plenty of time to learn, he's shown more than enough quality for us and out on loan that he has what it takes to make it at the highest level, he has obviously made errors since coming in for Harper but he has also made some outstanding saves. He can only learn from his mistakes that have crept out like against Man City when looking to pick out JB with a dangerous ball and not having the correct angle for the goals against Spurs when not getting down quick enough. Surely we can forgive a few errors though with such a young keeper rather than criticise him and pick out his weakness' which im sure he is working on to improve.

Tim Krul is a top goalkeeper, he is only 22 and has plenty of time to learn, he's shown more than enough quality for us and out on loan that he has what it takes to make it at the highest level, he has obviously made errors since coming in for Harper but he has also made some outstanding saves. He can only learn from his mistakes that have crept out like against Man City when looking to pick out JB with a dangerous ball and not having the correct angle for the goals against Spurs when not getting down quick enough. Surely we can forgive a few errors though with such a young keeper rather than criticise him and pick out his weakness' which im sure he is working on to improve.

Agreed

Very bizarre to single out Krul but not say a single word about Alan Smith's performance.

Much as I find Smith's contribution laughable, I don't think that would be clever or helpful either. But with a young player - particularly a goalkeeper who cannot influence 90% of the play - it's just moronic.

I'm reminded of the posts from a certain member on here about how Ashley supposedly felt Hughton was too pally with the players. Perhaps this is by design. :undecided:

Fantastic reason to kick a manager.

Good post. He did well when he got his chance. Made a few mistakes, but I think everyone would expect a young goalkeeper in PL to make a few mistakes. He´ll learn from it and come back even better next time.

Pardew is an utter prick, I can't stand him.  He hasn't a clue when it comes to handling players and he seems to be a bully who likes to pick on our younger players but hasn't the bottle to take on an older player so he's also a coward.

In relation to what? What is all this a reference to? Surely not that quote about his kicking.

You have to admit saying those things, and calling him "the goalkeeper" etc, is a bit strange no?

As opposed to "Kevin" and "Joey" and "Harps" and whatever he says about the senior players.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/10/pardew-cup-defeat-was-down-to-tiredness-61634-27957717/?

With Steve Harper’s wife due to give birth, Holland Under-21 captain Tim Krul was given an opportunity in goal.

Pardew blamed him for setting an unfortunate tone. He added: “We did not pass the ball well. The goalkeeper had a problem kicking the ball, he seemed to be shanking a lot of kicks.

“That was putting us under a lot of pressure.

“That was not the sort of standard we expect from Newcastle and what I expect as a manager.”

Not sure what to make of this. Krul had a poor game, of that there is no doubt, but isn't part of the manager's job to instil confidence in his players going forward? I can't see him referring to Harper as 'the goalkeeper' and effectively saying he's not good enough for the club. :undecided:

Fuck me, that's horrendous.

Just seen this. Stu's right, it's not just bad management it's fucking disgraceful.

How can he single out Krul (without even using first name or second name terms like he does with seemingly everybody else) for that abomination of a display. Why not single out the uselessnes of the forwards to hold the ball? or his captain's inability to take grip of the game? or Alan Smith's inability to resemble anything close to a footballer?

Fair enough if he'd been directly asked about Krul, then his comments would have been acceptable (although still not exactly great management imo), but to do it out of context like that and in that manner is shocking imo. Borderline bullying.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I don't think that sounds great whatsoever.

well for a start a goalkeppers kicking has never ever contributed to a team not winning a match.

about his picking a kids he blamed the defeat at the 4-5 young players and, or problably inckluding, Krul. :dowie:

Whay the hell did he have to become our manager? Ashley your fucking idiot. when are you going to sell?!!!

When it becomes an epidemic, fair enough. We all say things in the heat of the moment that under the microscope can appear strange. Don't think it's really worth any amount of debate.

I will say this; Krul's kicking on saturday was of shocking quality and appeared pretty thoughless. I can't quite figure out what he was playing at on a couple of occasions, almost as if he thought 'f*** it.'

He should be having a go at Smith and Nolan for conceding the midfield. Routledge for struggling to get past a League 2 defender. Lovenkrands for being consistently s***. And his own tactics in which we had 3 shots on goal. One of which was a long range effort on a short pitch. Maybe he wasn't smart enough to realise we should try a few...

When it becomes an epidemic, fair enough. We all say things in the heat of the moment that under the microscope can appear strange. Don't think it's really worth any amount of debate.

I will say this; Krul's kicking on saturday was of shocking quality and appeared pretty thoughless. I can't quite figure out what he was playing at on a couple of occasions, almost as if he thought 'f*** it.'

I was under the impression these quotes were made the day after the game. Might be wrong, but I can't remember him giving them to TV.

I was under the impression these quotes were made the day after the game. Might be wrong, but I can't remember him giving them to TV.

seems more like post patch presser