Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

He made some great saves and commanded his area a lot more than Given used to, but I think he needs to relax a bit, he seemed to be trying to come for everything and he's all-action. The best keepers appear to cruise through games - he'll be quality in years to come but needs to mature.

Yeah this is a fair analysis. He was good but somewhat giddy, which could lead to mistakes. He just needs experience, which will only come with time games I guess. Very good prospect though.

FYP

He made some great saves and commanded his area a lot more than Given used to, but I think he needs to relax a bit, he seemed to be trying to come for everything and he's all-action. The best keepers appear to cruise through games - he'll be quality in years to come but needs to mature.

Yeah this is a fair analysis. He was good but somewhat giddy, which could lead to mistakes. He just needs experience, which will only come with time games I guess. Very good prospect though.

FYP

Haha yeah cheers.  :thup:

Toon keeper in demand

Several Premier League clubs check on Dutch shot-stopper

Last updated: 11th August 2009

A host of clubs a ready to try and prise Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul away from St James' Park, skysports.com understands.

Krul produced an outstanding performance as he came off the bench in Newcastle's Championship opener against West Brom.

The 21-year-old Dutchman was only playing his second game for Newcastle a the Hawthorns, but he has enjoyed first-team experience while on loan with Falkirk and Carlisle.

Now the likes of Arsenal, Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull City and local rivals Sunderland are taking a keen interest.

It is understood up to half-a-dozen Premier League clubs will dispatch scouts to check on Krul during the England Under-21 clash with Holland in Groningen on Tuesday evening.

Newcastle are keen to keep hold of Krul, although they already have Steve Harper as No.1 and Frazer Forster to come in, so could be prepared to talk if the right offer comes in.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11695_5485067,00.html

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I like Forster, but he's not a mark on Krul, and if anything seems to have a poor vein of form at the moment. We'd be crazy to sell Krul at the moment, but this is Newcastle...

Toon keeper in demand

A host of clubs a ready to try and prise Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul away from St James' Park, skysports.com understands.

Krul produced an outstanding performance as he came off the bench in Newcastle's Championship opener against West Brom.

The 21-year-old Dutchman was only playing his second game for Newcastle a the Hawthorns, but he has enjoyed first-team experience while on loan with Falkirk and Carlisle.

Now the likes of Arsenal, Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull City and local rivals Sunderland are taking a keen interest.

It is understood up to half-a-dozen Premier League clubs will dispatch scouts to check on Krul during the England Under-21 clash with Holland in Groningen on Tuesday evening.

Newcastle are keen to keep hold of Krul, although they already have Steve Harper as No.1 and Frazer Forster to come in, so could be prepared to talk if the right offer comes in.

Heap of shit really. The only team he might walk straight into out of them lot is Hull maybe imo. Some might argue why he wouldn't move on to one of them clubs to be second choice if he's gonna be second choice here, but after having a taste of the action of Saturday I think he'll realise he has a hell of a chance here. Portsmouth can't afford him and we won't sell to Sunderland.

Toon keeper in demand

Heap of s*** really. The only team he might walk straight into out of them lot is Hull maybe imo. Some might argue why he wouldn't move on to one of them clubs to be second choice if he's gonna be second choice here, but after having a taste of the action of Saturday I think he'll realise he has a hell of a chance here. Portsmouth can't afford him and we won't sell to Sunderland.

We wouldn't sell to Sunderland if the people doing the selling cared about NUFC - these lot don't. 

I think the board realise that Krul is currently worth more money to them if they keep hold of him as he hasn't matured as an asset, so he'll be worth more to whoever owns us in two years.

I think you're giving the board an awful lot of credit they've done nothing to merit.

I think the board realise that Krul is currently worth more money to them if they keep hold of him as he hasn't matured as an asset, so he'll be worth more to whoever owns us in two years.

This is Newcastle we are talking about :( Wouldn't surprise me if that Fat T**t Ashley sold him to spite us

If Krul starts the next few games he's not likely to be tempted anywhere else so it's worth playing him for that reason alone. No one will try and sign Steve Harper so it's a safe option.

If Krul starts the next few games he's not likely to be tempted anywhere else so it's worth playing him for that reason alone. No one will try and sign Steve Harper so it's a safe option.

Spurs did, 7 months back

Tim Krul is the ONLY player out of our entire squad who I would be upset to see him leave. Furious actually.

I think we have a future world class GK on our books, and he should be kept at all costs.

NILE RANGER.

Guest Roger Kint

Tim Krul is the ONLY player out of our entire squad who I would be upset to see him leave. Furious actually.

I think we have a future world class GK on our books, and he should be kept at all costs.

I would be actually trembling with rage if it happened