Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I was following the NO match thread last night and assumed Krul was having a nightmare. Quite surprised when I watched the tv footage of the goals and he wasn't anywhere near as culpable as was made out. Similar to Cisse I might add. Krul is still one of our biggest assets IMO.

He did have a mare in the first 3 goals. Elementary mistakes in all. Lloris schooled him at the other end.

Pleas explain how.

I was following the NO match thread last night and assumed Krul was having a nightmare. Quite surprised when I watched the tv footage of the goals and he wasn't anywhere near as culpable as was made out. Similar to Cisse I might add. Krul is still one of our biggest assets IMO.

He did have a mare in the first 3 goals. Elementary mistakes in all. Lloris schooled him at the other end.

Pleas explain how.

1st goal should have been a routine save. 2nd and 3rd goals, he should have parried it over or to the sides so their players couldn't follow up or at least have little of the goal to aim for. Lloris showed him exactly how it should be done. You just don't palm the ball back into dangerous areas.

Pleas explain how.

1st goal should have been a routine save. 2nd and 3rd goals, he should have parried it over or to the sides so their players couldn't follow up or at least have little of the goal to aim for. Lloris showed him exactly how it should be done. You just don't palm the ball back into dangerous areas.

:thup: The first one is a clear error. The 2nd and 3rd aren't poor for every goalkeeper but Krul is good enough to do a lot better job in both of them.

if he has a few dodgy games from now to the end of the season, we might not receive good enough offers to sell so its not the end of the world

his distribution will prove a hindrance anyway if he has ambitions of playing for a top club

'keepers aren't really going for more than £8-10m so I wouldn't be worried about us selling him. There is no market for them at the moment because all the top teams have a stable set of keepers and the lower tier teams aren't willing to pay that much for them.

Every team above us that could realistically afford him don't need him. The two teams in Ligue 1 that could afford him don't need him. The three in Spain don't need him, same as the two in Germany. The Italians don't have enough money to spend £10m on a keeper who isn't world class. The demand is limited.

He's been shite this season by the standards I expect of him. He's hit a ceiling and I doubt he will get any better than this, seems to lack the intelligence to take him to the next level, see his kicking for example.

He's got better form in him, I just don't see it clicking with him for some time, maybe in his 30's he matures but he'll be long gone by then.

He's 25, man. He's quite possibly 10 years off his prime.

Which keepers are hitting their prime at 35 these days? The ones that do have one thing, intelligence. They are usually the one who can influence a game, not just stop shots. He's just not that keeper.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to see out his career, he's the one player I'd be gutted to see leave out of these shysters, however his potential drips away each season and the early promise he may have fulfilled at another club has gone.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is a very good shot stopper but poor to average at everything else. He can improve though and in a more challenging and more focused environment he will. He is Italy bound soon, he has even been learning the language for a good while now.

He is a very good shot stopper but poor to average at everything else. He can improve though and in a more challenging and more focused environment he will. He is Italy bound soon, he has even been learning the language for a good while now.

Probably done so to shout at/give instructions to Santon from time to time.

Krul's the least of our worries. Admittedly he's had a bit of an indifferent season but there's no doubt who should be starting between the sticks week in, week out. I question Andy Woodman's coaching tbh...

He might not be improving at the rate he probably should (quelle surprise) but you've got to be off your tits if you think flogging him is a good idea. With our limited to non-existent buying strategy once more you'd be trading him in for something poorer.