Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

A goalkeeper shouldn't be guaranteed an automatic place . This isn't one mistake now in which he cost us. He provided 3 assists for Spurs which must have been some sort of record a few games back. Hart was in dreadful form earlier in the season and then was dropped for a bit. He's far and away City's best keeper but sometimes a keeper needs taken out for his own good then come back stronger.

Do we just watch game after game Krul making these errors in hope his form just miraculously improves? Don’t see why a keeper should be any different to an outfield player. A little break might do him the world of good. De Gea/Hart/Szczesny have all been dropped in recent seasons for poor form. Even Stekelenburg yesterday for Fulham, made some howler errors in recent weeks and he's dropped for Stockdale even though he's a class above. Stockdale makes a couple of good saves and keeps a clean sheet.

Aye but we haven't got anyone decent to come in, man.

It's either a fat wreck or an untested kid.  I've little confidence in either doing better, whereas at least Pantilimon is areet.

Stockdale? Hardly talking about a classy keeper coming into nets here. The kid's always going to be 'untested' if you don't test him. He's 21ish and although that's stil relativley young for a keeper, still no harm in giving him a few games. What's the worst that can happen? Rather see some young blood given a chance if others aren't performing. Krul shouldn't be an exception. Not like Stockdale was a great back up for Magath yesterday but he had the balls to drop him, someone the dutch rate better than Krul as well.

Aye, never really been a fan of Dummett, like. Haidara has looked far better than him imo, even at reserve level. Although Dummett has actually played well at CB in reserves, i still don't even rate him in that position either.

Aye, never really been a fan of Dummett, like. Haidara has looked far better than him imo, even at reserve level. Although Dummett has actually played well at CB in reserves, i still don't even rate him in that position either.

Yeah same tbh. Can't see why Haidara is getting no game time

Especially when it was him being given the nod for the 20 minute cameos when Santon was being hauled off every game.

Dummet is just another Huntingdon, Edgar or Ramage.

:thup:

Said this a while back, and got slated for not giving him time. I really don't see how he's starting PL games except for the fact that he's a local lad. Absolutely horrendous in my opinion. I'm willing to be proved wrong but he must be sent out on loan and show he can perform in the championship at least.

It's either a fat wreck or an untested kid.  I've little confidence in either doing better, whereas at least Pantilimon is areet.

Stockdale? Hardly talking about a classy keeper coming into nets here. The kid's always going to be 'untested' if you don't test him. He's 21ish and although that's stil relativley young for a keeper, still no harm in giving him a few games. What's the worst that can happen? Rather see some young blood given a chance if others aren't performing. Krul shouldn't be an exception. Not like Stockdale was a great back up for Magath yesterday but he had the balls to drop him, someone the dutch rate better than Krul as well.

Stockdale has played games before though.  Would rather Alnwick went out on loan for a bit first.

Dummet is just another Huntingdon, Edgar or Ramage.

:thup:

Said this a while back, and got slated for not giving him time. I really don't see how he's starting PL games except for the fact that he's a local lad. Absolutely horrendous in my opinion. I'm willing to be proved wrong but he must be sent out on loan and show he can perform in the championship at least.

Suppose everyone is different, some people will see qualities in a player and they think they deserve more time, others will think he's not cut out for it. I've never been a fan of his and wouldn't hide my opinion away from thinking he's not cut out for it.

When me and brother went to under 18 matches, mainly youth cup, i thought Andy Carroll was just a big lump with half decent footballing ability but going nowhere. Brother said he'll play for England :lol: I said Krul would be Holland's number 1, brother said he'll never make it here let alone country. Everyone looks at things differently, can sometimes write them off to soon but other hand could be right all along.

Three i've been most impressed with this season are Alnwick, Kemen and Armstrong.

Stockdale has played games before though.  Would rather Alnwick went out on loan for a bit first.

Obviously i'd have preferred that as well if had a bit of loan time but he's progressed well this season as it is.

Stockdale has played over 200 games as a professional footballer, not comparable at all.

Stockdale has played over 200 games as a professional footballer, not comparable at all.

I'd say just stick Eliott in but he's a fat mess of a GK who i'd rather not played for us again. I've been really impressed with Alnwick, think he's got a canny future, Krul has been awful of late so i see no harm in giving him a chance. Especially when people are crying for Armstrong to play who has the same level of experience as Alnwick. It's only because it's Tim Krul people don't want him dropped, we could have a solid backup waiting in the wings but people can’t accept criticism towards Krul. I absolutely love the lad to bits but just really think he would benefit from the break, he’s clearly struggling at the moment and it’s not nice to see.

I'd say just stick Eliott in but he's a fat mess of a GK who i'd rather not played for us again. I've been really impressed with Alnwick, think he's got a canny future, Krul has been awful of late so i see no harm in giving him a chance. Especially when people are crying for Armstrong to play who has the same level of experience as Alnwick. It's only because it's Tim Krul people don't want him dropped, we could have a solid backup waiting in the wings but people can’t accept criticism towards Krul. I absolutely love the lad to bits but just really think he would benefit from the break, he’s clearly struggling at the moment and it’s not nice to see.

No it isn't, the reason people don't want him to be dropped is because we do not have an adequate replacement in the squad.

Comparing the Alnwick to Armstrong situation is silly, giving a young striker 5 or 10 minutes here or there off the bench is not comparable with throwing in a young keeper with no experience, no matter how good he has looked in the stiffs, into the pressure of playing in net in the Premier League.

This issue here is that we don't have adequate back up and as a result there is no pressure on Krul's place in the side, even when performing badly.

Guest neesy111

Yeap, even though I think Krul could do with a few weeks on the bench, we simply don't have anyone near good enough to replace him.