Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest Howaythetoon

So he's poor to average at dealing with crosses, for example?

Fast becoming an embittered moaning old woman, HTT.

Embittered yes, moaning yes, old getting there, but a women? I resent that, I have fucking hairs on my hairs I'll have you know :lol:

Is he poor to average at coming for crosses? I would say so yes. He will either catch them or totally flap at them and in a way that sums him up, he is either brilliant as evidenced away to Spurs or just plain old mediocre as evidenced at home to them. He is the least of our worries though and I personally rate him and regard him as one of our more honest players and certainly most likeable. If he has any ambitions though he will surely be looking to move on from us sooner rather than later.

Wasn't he voted the worst player in their history? They misjudged him.

Could be down to the fact he played about a dozen games for them in 3 years after they have spent about £14m for him.

Insight.

A for effort little buddy, never give up :thup: :)

Guest Howaythetoon

I interviewed a Real Madrid fan after we sold him (for this site) and he liked him as a player and was happy they signed him, saying he was technically different to a typical English defender.

So he's poor to average at dealing with crosses, for example?

Fast becoming an embittered moaning old woman, HTT.

Embittered yes, moaning yes, old getting there, but a women? I resent that, I have fucking hairs on my hairs I'll have you know :lol:

Is he poor to average at coming for crosses? I would say so yes. He will either catch them or totally flap at them and in a way that sums him up, he is either brilliant as evidenced away to Spurs or just plain old mediocre as evidenced at home to them.

This is crazy talk.

One or two more errors have crept into his game. He just needs to steady himself.

He made that breakthrough the season before last, and the expectations are now a bit higher. I think he's put himself under a bit more pressure and keepers have to stay relaxed so that their judgement doesn't become impaired.

I'm sure he'll come good again.

One or two more errors have crept into his game. He just needs to steady himself.

He made that breakthrough the season before last, and the expectations are now a bit higher. I think he's put himself under a bit more pressure and keepers have to stay relaxed so that their judgement doesn't become impaired.

I'm sure he'll come good again.

He was brilliant ni that 5th placed season. Indifferent last season. This season he's been more secure but has had a few bad games lately.

We are very dependent on the Krul-Colo-Tiote-(Cabaye)-Striker spine like most teams I guess. Our strikers either become shit or get sold. Colo, Tiote & Krul are overly inconsistent for such key players.

Krul cull could be costly

The possibility of Newcastle losing their first-choice goalkeeper at the end of the season arguably moved a step closer on Friday, when Tim Krul was excluded by Dutch coach Louis Van Gaal from his latest selection.

Van Gaal had told reporters that next week's friendly against France in Paris represented a final chance for players to force their way into contention for a place in his squad for this summer's World Cup Finals.

And while the exclusion of Vurnon Anita and Luuk De Jong was expected, Krul's failure to be selected as one of the three goalkeepers looks like ending his hopes of a trip to Brazil - unless one of that trio were to suffer an injury.

Having expressed his desire to experience Champions League football in a recent interview, the prospect of seeing his international career stall would seem to be another reason for the 25 year-old to seek a transfer.

They're probably going a bit far there but this isn't particularly good news, even though he's not been at his best all season.

Are nufc.com seriously suggesting that he isn't in the side because he's not playing champions league?

Vorm is in there and he's been picked countless times in the past. Maybe they just saw his performance v Spurs or are trying new things.

Nonsense from them. Not to say he might not leave like.

Who are the 3 keepers out of interest?

Vorm, Cliessen (sp?), and Zoet.

Quite a few 'small caps' in the rest of the squad too.

For me Krul is the one at the club who gets it most so owt happening to stunt his progress would be shite.

Scaremongering at its best, not sure who the third keeper is but Zoet's goals conceded to games ratio is very similar to Krul's.

Hate the way we have to be overly negative about ourselves when it comes to, well, everything.

Edit: Ajax have a good goals against record but Cillessen has apparently started 23 games in the last 3 years so not sure if he is their current number 1.

Presumably the point is more that he's playing in a team that will regularly concede 3 and 4 whenever one centre half is unavailable.

Swansea have conceded more than us yet Vorm is in.

He wasn't in goal for most of those though.

Presumably the point is more that he's playing in a team that will regularly concede 3 and 4 whenever one centre half is unavailable.

Swansea have conceded more than us yet Vorm is in.

He wasn't in goal for most of those though.

Now you're just nitpicking

:lol:

Only 19 conceded in the 16 he's started. :lol:

Only 38 in the 27 games played by Krul. So 1.2 goals a game against 1.4 for Krul. Hardly a massive discrepancy.

It's more likely they saw the game v Spurs and concluded he wasn't playing well at the moment.