Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Janmaat and Perez are pretty much the only players I care about anymore. The rest can f*** off.

Pretty much with you here. Soft spots for Abeid and Siem De Jong (something about what I saw for him at Ajax makes me think he's a potential brilliant captain) and I'll throw in Moussa bc I love seeing him at full pelt.

Sad to say that Joey Barton and Nobby Nolan would have cracked every single one of these over the head if they showed up this wank today.

People saying its not a big deal or missing the point. It's only a little thing but it is a microcosm that defines the current state of the club. Thats a player thats been with the club a decade, one of our most senior and symbolic characters, congratulating the opposing striker for banging one past him in a fucking derby. It's ludicrous.

That's exactly it. It's symbolic of the mentality of just being happy to 'compete' which has engulfed the club. 

Janmaat and Perez are pretty much the only players I care about anymore. The rest can f*** off.

Pretty much with you here. Soft spots for Abeid and Siem De Jong (something about what I saw for him at Ajax makes me think he's a potential brilliant captain) and I'll throw in Moussa bc I love seeing him at full pelt.

Sad to say that Joey Barton and Nobby Nolan would have cracked every single one of these over the head if they showed up this wank today.

I'm the same with those three too, just want to see the first two play more regularly/play. I wish we could have seen more of Aarons too as I reckon he'd have been one of our best this season.

Sad to say that Joey Barton and Nobby Nolan would have cracked every single one of these over the head if they showed up this w*** today.

Thats what we need a Barton / Nolan type. Honestly does anyone think they'd put up with that shit shower today?

Sad to say that Joey Barton and Nobby Nolan would have cracked every single one of these over the head if they showed up this w*** today.

Thats what we need a Barton / Nolan type. Honestly does anyone think they'd put up with that s*** shower today?

They did take us down, as much as I like Nolan. Barton bottled the relegation games, and the performance at Villa on the final day was every bit as gutless as that s*** today.

We were a different team when we came back up and a lot of that was down them fighting tooth and nail for pride.

I'm pretty bothered that he did it tbh. They're the enemy and an enemy we'd been defeated by, four times on the bounce, and they'd just taken the lead again. There was no need to congratulate the bloke. Get your fucking head down.

I'm pretty bothered that he did it tbh. They're the enemy and an enemy we'd been defeated by, four times on the bounce, and they'd just taken the lead again. There was no need to congratulate the bloke. Get your fucking head down.

Aye, well, that's all well and good, but I'm not sure calling Defoe a lucky shit/cunt/fucker can really be classed as congratulating him.

For what it's worth Krul seemed to me genuinely hurting after the game and by doing the interview showed more stones than most of the soppy lot on the pitch today. Why is Goufran not getting shot with similar shit for him and Larsson giggling like dizzy schoolgirls during the game?

I'm pretty bothered that he did it tbh. They're the enemy and an enemy we'd been defeated by, four times on the bounce, and they'd just taken the lead again. There was no need to congratulate the bloke. Get your f***ing head down.

Aye, well, that's all well and good, but I'm not sure calling Defoe a lucky s***/c***/f***er can really be classed as congratulating him.

For what it's worth Krul seemed to me genuinely hurting after the game and by doing the interview showed more stones than most of the soppy lot on the pitch today. Why is Goufran not getting shot with similar s*** for him and Larsson giggling like dizzy schoolgirls during the game?

this

I understand the reaction because people are hurt at another surrender against another poor Sunderland team, but there really is nothing here. Maybe you chastise someone for lack of aggression or competitive nature on the actual pitch (Not me), but this was walking to the changing room at halftime. Hand on the back, simple pleasantries in the vein of "good hit" or something similar, spend the the next fifteen minutes ruminating on what lacked in the first half and can be changed in the second. The players are not blood warriors, just professionals in a small fraternity of people that have made it to the top. It annoys me when things like this pick up media exposure, especially when there are real issues at hand after this shambles. How many seasons out of the last eight or so have ended in a malaise? I would say every single on except for the 5th place finish and the dominant run in the CCC.

I'm the same with those three too, just want to see the first two play more regularly/play. I wish we could have seen more of Aarons too as I reckon he'd have been one of our best this season.

I can't have too much affection for Janmaat as he's going to be off to a better club very quickly.  Aarons seems a bit of a cunt anarl.  Love Perez and Abeid like.

Quite funny watching our fans get bent out of shape and adding meanings to something like this. The negativity around this club now really is quite obvious, right from the owner down to the casual fan. Not saying it isn't necessarily warranted, just bordering on the ridiculous.

It's hardly the crime of the century, however, it does send out the message that he's not really bothered. 9/10 we don't see that as sky camera's were following them but its not as if it even happened naturally, Krul waiting for him and had a beaming smile. Just get to the changing room and listen to the tool talking shit for 15 minutes probably saying stuff like "go out there and make Sir Bobby proud"

But as someone said, what Krul did was the least of our problems, I don't care if that was a make shift team it was a piss poor performance with most of the players looking like they didn't give a fuck.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

This is nothing compared to what Boswinga did a few seasons back,  giving away a goal in a relegation battle and grinning or smiling at half time. Krul was in no way responsible for the goal and was acknowledging that the goal was lucky. Just like a lot of strikers do pat keepers on the back for making a great save he did the same although maybe the circumstances weren't right. However I don't see how people can get offended by things as petty as that.  :lol:

I can't quite believe that genuine fans are in any way upset by this at all, or are somehow trying to portray it as indicative of a wider problem with the player or the team. Krul is one of our best players, one with true class and ability. You need both hands, both feet, and a few of your mates, to count the number of times he's made crucial saves in matches. And he's just about the only player who is blameless for this result.

Lack of passion/commitment? This guy has been here ten years, which is self-evidently a measure of his commitment to this club in this day and age when other players here and elsewhere haven't even bothered to stick around for longer than their breakout season. And if you don't believe your own eyes when seeing how he reacts in games, I'm inclined to believe Carver when he said post-match, he's the guy who is most likely to be the one tearing strips off the others in the dressing room when things aren't going well. Krul's obviously not here for the money (he could get a better paid contract even in the Championship, let alone if a 'top' club came in for him). And you can hardly blame him for any real or perceived lack of form/desire *if* that is down to him not having any pressure on his place - that's on the management. I for one salute Krul for staying here so long, despite the fact it must have dawned on him long ago that Ashley's NUFC isn't really the place you need to be if you aspire to be the best keeper in the world.

The only reason this is a story is because of so called pundits like Carragher and Danny Murphy made it a 'talking point', people who quite clearly don't know the first thing about Tim Krul or NUFC. Add to that list the hapless Steve "It has no place in a wear-Tyne Derby" Ryder. What a knobhead. So Carra wouldn't do that in a match? So fucking what. Do people think it's in any doubt which player out of Carra and Krul most footballers actually respect as a person? And if Krul was in the Liverpool team that won the Champions League while Carra was simply an NUFC player for ten years, do you think there'd be any doubt which one most footballers, pundits and fans would consider was the better footballer?

This gesture was nothing more than good sportsmanship, which may or may not have had a piss-taking element to it (and it makes no difference to me if it did or didn't). Anyone who tells you that passion for your club is incompatible with this sort of thing, is probably the sort of fan who wants NUFC to be a classless club like one of the Old Firm, where football long ago ceased to be a game and instead morphed into (or always was) something far more disturbing. I never want my club to be the sort of institution where the only thing that matters is stuffing the opposition, and taking our ball home when it doesn't go our way. I want my club to be better than that. And I think it already is better than that. So I proudly say here and know, thank you to Tim for being a proper sportsman. I hope for NUFC's sake he pays absolutely no mind to this sort of criticism - and thankfully it appears he did not.

I can't quite believe that genuine fans are in any way upset by this at all, or are somehow trying to portray it as indicative of a wider problem with the player or the team. Krul is one of our best players, one with true class and ability. You need both hands, both feet, and a few of your mates, to count the number of times he's made crucial saves in matches. And he's just about the only player who is blameless for this result.

Lack of passion/commitment? This guy has been here ten years, which is self-evidently a measure of his commitment to this club in this day and age when other players here and elsewhere haven't even bothered to stick around for longer than their breakout season. And if you don't believe your own eyes when seeing how he reacts in games, I'm inclined to believe Carver when he said post-match, he's the guy who is most likely to be the one tearing strips off the others in the dressing room when things aren't going well. Krul's obviously not here for the money (he could get a better paid contract even in the Championship, let alone if a 'top' club came in for him). And you can hardly blame him for any real or perceived lack of form/desire *if* that is down to him not having any pressure on his place - that's on the management. I for one salute Krul for staying here so long, despite the fact it must have dawned on him long ago that Ashley's NUFC isn't really the place you need to be if you aspire to be the best keeper in the world.

The only reason this is a story is because of so called pundits like Carragher and Danny Murphy made it a 'talking point', people who quite clearly don't know the first thing about Tim Krul or NUFC. Add to that list the hapless Steve "It has no place in a wear-Tyne Derby" Ryder. What a knobhead. So Carra wouldn't do that in a match? So f***ing what. Do people think it's in any doubt which player out of Carra and Krul most footballers actually respect as a person? And if Krul was in the Liverpool team that won the Champions League while Carra was simply an NUFC player for ten years, do you think there'd be any doubt which one most footballers, pundits and fans would consider was the better footballer?

This gesture was nothing more than good sportsmanship, which may or may not have had a p*ss-taking element to it (and it makes no difference to me if it did or didn't). Anyone who tells you that passion for your club is incompatible with this sort of thing, is probably the sort of fan who wants NUFC to be a classless club like one of the Old Firm, where football long ago ceased to be a game and instead morphed into (or always was) something far more disturbing. I never want my club to be the sort of institution where the only thing that matters is stuffing the opposition, and taking our ball home when it doesn't go our way. I want my club to be better than that. And I think it already is better than that. So I proudly say here and know, thank you to Tim for being a proper sportsman. I hope for NUFC's sake he pays absolutely no mind to this sort of criticism - and thankfully it appears he did not.

:clap: :clap: top post!

The only reason this is a story is because of so called pundits like Carragher and Danny Murphy made it a 'talking point', people who quite clearly don't know the first thing about Tim Krul or NUFC. Add to that list the hapless Steve "It has no place in a wear-Tyne Derby" Ryder. What a knobhead. So Carra wouldn't do that in a match? So fucking what. Do people think it's in any doubt which player out of Carra and Krul most footballers actually respect as a person? And if Krul was in the Liverpool team that won the Champions League while Carra was simply an NUFC player for ten years, do you think there'd be any doubt which one most footballers, pundits and fans would consider was the better footballer?

This gesture was nothing more than good sportsmanship, which may or may not have had a piss-taking element to it (and it makes no difference to me if it did or didn't). Anyone who tells you that passion for your club is incompatible with this sort of thing, is probably the sort of fan who wants NUFC to be a classless club like one of the Old Firm, where football long ago ceased to be a game and instead morphed into (or always was) something far more disturbing. I never want my club to be the sort of institution where the only thing that matters is stuffing the opposition, and taking our ball home when it doesn't go our way. I want my club to be better than that. And I think it already is better than that. So I proudly say here and know, thank you to Tim for being a proper sportsman. I hope for NUFC's sake he pays absolutely no mind to this sort of criticism - and thankfully it appears he did not.

I can't believe you wasted your time posting this tripe.  That attitude is exactly why we win fuck all.

The majority of people getting all uppity about Krul's reaction are probably the same bunch that ignored the Colback "shh/0-3" gestures and are proud to have him in the team as a Geordie lad.