Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

• 3 weeks later...

If Krul had any ambition he'd spend the whole summer practising his kicking with a professional coach. I know the goalkeeping coach we have may be shit but Krul himself should be able to see that he has to improve and should do it himself

If Krul had any ambition he'd spend the whole summer practising his kicking with a professional coach. I know the goalkeeping coach we have may be shit but Krul himself should be able to see that he has to improve and should do it himself

:lol: Why? What are we gonna do, bench him? If he's got ambition he'll leave.

Ambition is leaving as you said. He's not going to get a decent club to sign him until he improves his kicking by a million percent

Guest strongbow69

Ambition is leaving as you said. He's not going to get a decent club to sign him until he improves his kicking by a million percent

Does it have to be a decent club.... are we a decent a club? , stoke would be a step up at this moment in time  :jesuswept:

Amount of times he can't save headers seem you'd think somehow these scorers have channeled their inner Les Ferdinand or Alan Shearer or something.

His positioning is ridiculous. Man is wide shaping to cross a ball and Krul 'is still' covering his near post....Hence it takes him a lifetime to scuttle over and no chance to stop the header. Krul was actually in the back of the net. :lol:

He's like a raggedy scarecrow, flapping and waving in a breeze. He's replaced Williamson as 'the new fear'. :lol:

:lol: He did look a bit like a puppet on a stick today.

Given had the same weaknesses throughout most of his time here. His kicking was initially poor but he sorted it and he was never imposing or commanding in the box. His shotstopping certainly never went to shit like Krul's has.

Amount of times he can't save headers seem you'd think somehow these scorers have channeled their inner Les Ferdinand or Alan Shearer or something.

His positioning is ridiculous. Man is wide shaping to cross a ball and Krul 'is still' covering his near post....Hence it takes him a lifetime to scuttle over and no chance to stop the header. Krul was actually in the back of the net. :lol:

This. I urge anyone to watch his positioning for WBA's goal the other week. His starting position was so wrong it boggled the mind. I was screaming at him before the kick came in that his left side was where it'll end up, and it ended up exactly there. Again, putting the blame solely on the players is wrong. There is clearly a coaching issue compounding these errors. He may be thick, but he isn't as useless as some here make out. He has massive potential, but for that potential to bloom, he needs to get his finger out AND has to be trained by someone who knows what they're doing.

Given had the same weaknesses throughout most of his time here. His kicking was initially poor but he sorted it and he was never imposing or commanding in the box. His shotstopping certainly never went to s*** like Krul's has.

He was/is a short keeper, so I guess he was better off standing on the line and relying on his shot stopping, which was excellent.

His kicking is fuckign atrocious. Mind...just about every keeper I've seen in a Newcastle top has shit kicking. Pav was the last half-decent one. Elliott is actually okay at distributing he is just shite at everything else.

I feel for Krul like - it's all turned sour and fast. He should leave this summer and go to a decent club with ambition, for his sake.

Pav wasn't really a good kicker. Steve Harper (before he became a perennial reserve) was very good. As far as keepers go, Mike Hooper was the best kicker of a ball I've ever seen. Poor at everything else but I vividly remember him almost scoring twice from his own box and actually forcing a fairly decent save from a goal kick against Luton. :lol:

This. I urge anyone to watch his positioning for WBA's goal the other week. His starting position was so wrong it boggled the mind. I was screaming at him before the kick came in that his left side was where it'll end up, and it ended up exactly there. Again, putting the blame solely on the players is wrong. There is clearly a coaching issue compounding these errors. He may be thick, but he isn't as useless as some here make out. He has massive potential, but for that potential to bloom, he needs to get his finger out AND has to be trained by someone who knows what they're doing.

The other thing is that he hasn't worked on his 'bambi legs'...The brain sends the message and then he sort of skitters and stumbles to where he is meant to be 60 light years later. Look at De Gea and how he's firmed up his body and looks so much stronger than when he first arrived. And he's blind as well...But has quickly become better than Krul when they had basically the same potential.