Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

No fault for the goals and that save was excellent, although I still feel queasy every time a cross/corner comes in. His faults probably cancel out Harper's, so lets stick with the younger option. Still look forward to Forster coming back though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

No fault for the goals and that save was excellent, although I still feel queasy every time a cross/corner comes in. His faults probably cancel out Harper's, so lets stick with the younger option. Still look forward to Forster coming back though.

Said this a while back, needs to learn when and when not to come for corners/crosses. When he gets it right, it's great, when he doesn't, he often misses the ball entirely and lands us into trouble

He had a decent game, but I was disappointed to see him tearing into Perch after the first goal. That looked wrong. Krul is a young lad who needs to concentrate on his own game. Perch isn't high on confidence and that wouldn't have done him any good.

Besides, although Perch could have got a bit closer, he didn't do a lot wrong.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I've just read on wiki that Forster is now 6'7"  :kasper:

Nowt to do with Krul, but can't be arsed to look for relevent thread.

Forster has a lot going for him, could be a top goalkeeper

I've just read on wiki that Forster is now 6'7"  :kasper:

Nowt to do with Krul, but can't be arsed to look for relevent thread.

Forster has a lot going for him, could be a top goalkeeper

Head and shoulders above Krul, we maybe just 5 inches or so.

Krul needs to dominate his six yard box

Said this a while back, needs to learn when and when not to come for corners/crosses. When he gets it right, it's great, when he doesn't, he often misses the ball entirely and lands us into trouble

For a keeper his size that should be a given. I think it's probably just a confidence issue. He's been thrown in the spotlight and been under intense pressure for the first time. He's done well for the most part and even if he's rested for a while he'll come back stronger.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/10/pardew-cup-defeat-was-down-to-tiredness-61634-27957717/?

With Steve Harper’s wife due to give birth, Holland Under-21 captain Tim Krul was given an opportunity in goal.

Pardew blamed him for setting an unfortunate tone. He added: “We did not pass the ball well. The goalkeeper had a problem kicking the ball, he seemed to be shanking a lot of kicks.

“That was putting us under a lot of pressure.

“That was not the sort of standard we expect from Newcastle and what I expect as a manager.”

Not sure what to make of this. Krul had a poor game, of that there is no doubt, but isn't part of the manager's job to instil confidence in his players going forward? I can't see him referring to Harper as 'the goalkeeper' and effectively saying he's not good enough for the club. :undecided:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/10/pardew-cup-defeat-was-down-to-tiredness-61634-27957717/?

With Steve Harper’s wife due to give birth, Holland Under-21 captain Tim Krul was given an opportunity in goal.

Pardew blamed him for setting an unfortunate tone. He added: “We did not pass the ball well. The goalkeeper had a problem kicking the ball, he seemed to be shanking a lot of kicks.

“That was putting us under a lot of pressure.

“That was not the sort of standard we expect from Newcastle and what I expect as a manager.”

Not sure what to make of this. Krul had a poor game, of that there is no doubt, but isn't part of the manager's job to instil confidence in his players going forward? I can't see him referring to Harper as 'the goalkeeper' and effectively saying he's not good enough for the club. :undecided:

Agree, i think its weird man managment. Pardew have talked a lot of shit me thinks.

With Steve Harpers wife due to give birth, Holland Under-21 captain Tim Krul was given an opportunity in goal.

Pardew blamed him for setting an unfortunate tone. He added: We did not pass the ball well. The goalkeeper had a problem kicking the ball, he seemed to be shanking a lot of kicks.

That was putting us under a lot of pressure.

That was not the sort of standard we expect from Newcastle and what I expect as a manager.

Fuck me, that's horrendous.