Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

“I remember when we did a signing session once and he was always on the end with thousands of items that people wanted signing. He was on the end with a ball and the guy said to him ‘You must have done hundreds of these’ and Bobby ended up signing it ‘Bobby Hundreds’. I thought that was brilliant."

:lol:

Guest Phil K

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01JWakm30b95e/610x.jpg

That picture had me in tears, I think it's the symbolism of him walking away alone on a football pitch that really got me, it just looks so peaceful :weep:

That should be the image for Bob's exit.

Leaving us reluctantly with it p*ssing down for we Newcastle fans metaphorically.

To be honest, I think Sir Bobby would be the kind of person who would prefer to be remembered with a good colourful photo.

He's probably looking down at us thinking "cheer up, I've just managed a team with Bobby Moore, Jackie Milburn, Stanley Matthews and Duncan Edwards in it'

To be honest, I think Sir Bobby would be the kind of person who would prefer to be remembered with a good colourful photo.

He's probably looking down at us thinking "cheer up, I've just managed a team with Bobby Moore, Jackie Milburn, Stanley Matthews and Duncan Edwards in it'

:lol: True, like.

Talksport's been a good listen this morning.

Alan Brazil still used to call him "Boss" when ever he called on the show.

Had to turn the radio off yesterday, went out in the car and as soon as we got in the were playing local hero, them somehting inside so strong.. fkn hell nearly killed me.

Talksport's been a good listen this morning.

Alan Brazil still used to call him "Boss" when ever he called on the show.

Had to turn the radio off yesterday, went out in the car and as soon as we got in the were playing local hero, them somehting inside so strong.. fkn hell nearly killed me.

:weep:

Guest Milburnthedog

Couldn't post yesterday. Woke up this morning and thought, "Is this what Sir Bobby would do?" Of course it wouldn't, he faced things head on and in his own style, won those battles. Just sad he couldn't win the last one but he gave it a bloody good go.

Last Sunday he pulled himself together and waved goodbye to his people in the place that meant such a lot to him. His people responded in a way we always do by supporting someone who represented us, all over the world, with dignity and a massive amount of talent and damned hard work. A gentleman with principles...a real class act. I doubt we'll see another like him.

Goodbye Sir Bobby, you'll never be forgotten.

Can't believe after all the trouble and turmoil that we've been through, it took the death of a legend, a man who stood for everything that is right, to get a public TV appearance out of our beloved MD.

Bobby was more of a man than Llambias and Ashley can ever hope to be.