Sir Bobby Robson (1933-2009)

Guest Stephen927

Guest Stephen927

Still cant believe this came so soon. :weep:

Someone on TT suggested the charity match might have given him that one last thing to fight for, and now he's said his goodbyes he's gone. :(

They keep showing him smiling and waving to everyone from that day. He shakes this ballboys hand, and its like a huge generation gap between them sharing a common love of the Toon, its pure class.

RIP Sir Bobby.  What a gentleman and football will miss you.

There's only one Bobby Robson,

One Bobby Robson,

Walking along, singing a song

Walking in a Robson Wonderland

I'm sure we'll get a chorus of that belted up against Reading.

At the Hawthorns too from the home fans.

Guest The German
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/Bobby_Robson_Statue_Closeup.jpg/150px-Bobby_Robson_Statue_Closeup.jpg

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Still cant believe this came so soon. :weep:

Someone on TT suggested the charity match might have given him that one last thing to fight for, and now he's said his goodbyes he's gone. :(

They keep showing him smiling and waving to everyone from that day. He shakes this ballboys hand, and its like a huge generation gap between them sharing a common love of the Toon, its pure class.

RIP Sir Bobby.  What a gentleman and football will miss you.

There's only one Bobby Robson,

One Bobby Robson,

Walking along, singing a song

Walking in a Robson Wonderland

I'm sure we'll get a chorus of that belted up against Reading.

At the Hawthorns too from the home fans.

Hope so :)

Sir Bobby Robson

* We didn’t underestimate them but they were a lot better than we thought - after England sneaked through against Cameroon in the 1990 World Cup.

* The first 90 minutes are the most important.

* We’re flying on the Concorde. That’ll shorten the distance – that’s self-explanatory.

* I would have given my right arm to be a pianist.

* I’m not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final.

* I do want to play the short ball and I do want to play the long ball. I think long and short balls is what football is all about.

* He’s very fast and if he gets a yard ahead of himself nobody will catch him.

* If we start counting our chickens before they hatch, they won’t lay any eggs in the basket.

* There will be a game where somebody scores more than Brazil and that might be the game they lose.

* Steve Hodge has been unfit for two weeks, well, no, for 14 days.

* Look at those olive trees - they’re two hundred years old – from before the time of Christ! - Sir Bobby illustrates how great life is in Barcelona.

* Titus looks like Tyson when he strips off in the dressing-room, except he doesn’t bite and has a great tackle – on Titus Bramble at Newcastle.

* I played cricket for my local village. It was 40 overs per side, and the team that had the most runs won. It was that sort of football.

* He’s got his legs back, of course, or his leg - he’s always had one but now he’s got two.

* He never fails to hit the target - but that was a miss.

* Sir Bobby to Bryan Robson: Good morning, Bobby. Bryan: You’re Bobby, I’m Bryan!

I was very moved on Sunday.

I saw the state he was in, and thought that what a blessing it would be if he had died that night a happy man.

Although now this has come true, there are no words that can describe our loss.

He was the biggest footballing icon in my lifetime, and a great man, and now he has gone.

RIP.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

World cup 90

Beating Man Utd 4-3 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1543556.stm

Our champions league run - Juventus at SJP, 2-2 at the San Siro, and that game at Feyenoord.

Thanks for the memories.

Look at the team that beat Man U

Given, Griffin, Elliott, O'Brien, Dabizas, Solano, Acuna, Lee, Robert, Shearer, Bellamy. Subs: Harper, Barton, Lua-Lua, Ameobi, Distin

Now that's management skill.

Guest Lets Dance

During Mexico 1986 World Cup at breakfast one day (in extreme heat), Chris Waddle attempting to sing some of the song "the heat is on". Bobby hearing this starts feeling up the radiators saying "is the heating on, is the heating on!".