Sir Bobby Robson (1933-2009)

Guest Stephen927

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Still makes me laugh

"Do you have any nicknames, what do your teammates call you?"

"Shola."

"What does your manager call you?"

"Carl Cort"

Some of the clips BBC News are showing make me smile too, to see him having so much fun within the game throughout his career, even when he came to the Toon. They keep showing the training session in the snow and he's having the time of his life.

I'm so glad he got to see the game the other day. He got to see the whole of the NUFC world show their respect for him, and got to help fellow cancer sufferers through his foundation.

Will be sorely, sorely missed.

Rest in Peace Sir Bobby.

There are no superlatives to describe such a gentleman.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all of the phenomenal work you did for my 2 teams,Newcastle United and England.

Very sadly missed.Gone but never,ever forgotten.

:weep:

Still makes me laugh

"Shola."

"Carl Cort"

Some of the clips BBC News are showing make me smile too, to see him having so much fun within the game throughout his career, even when he came to the Toon. They keep showing the training session in the snow and he's having the time of his life.

If is the biggest word there is. If I had wings I could fly to the moon.

- Surely you'd like to be there come the end of the season though?

What, the moon?

Even as shot to bits as he was on Sunday, he oozed more class, more bottle than the present kernts at SJP.

I still think they treat you like shit the way you were kicked out but you were always bigger than that.

RIP Bobby.

Guest toonlass

Still makes me laugh

"Shola."

"Carl Cort"

What, the moon?

Classic, classic Sir Bob.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

BBC showed a few clips of the Sir Bobby game at the weekend, saying he was advised against going, but insisted he went. Such a strong character and determination. I'm sure come the first home game this season they'll be a mark of respect for him again, official or otherwise.

Still makes me laugh

"Shola."

"Carl Cort"

What, the moon?

haha classic man, most be more classic Sir Bobby quotes out there. Really was like everyone's Grandad like.

BBC showed a few clips of the Sir Bobby game at the weekend, saying he was advised against going, but insisted he went. Such a strong character and determination. I'm sure come the first home game this season they'll be a mark of respect for him again, official or otherwise.

i wonder if the current regime will have the dignity to say something?  maybe make a donation to his fund?  or will they continue to be invisible and spineless?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

i wonder if the current regime will have the dignity to say something?  maybe make a donation to his fund?   or will they continue to be invisible and spineless?

Rather not mare this thread with that debate at the moment like, but I'm sure the fans will.

Still makes me laugh

"Shola."

"Carl Cort"

What, the moon?

Classic, classic Sir Bob.  :lol:

"Bobby Robson does a jig of delight on the touchline and then remembers he's almost 69"

So many happy memories :)

Still cant believe this came so soon. :weep:

Someone on TT suggested the charity match might have given him that one last thing to fight for, and now he's said his goodbyes he's gone. :(