Ideas to remember Sir Bobby at first home match?

Guest michaelfoster

Guest michaelfoster

Either one minuite silence

Or

One minuite applause with Local Hero playing?

Thoughts?

Guest sicko2ndbest

- Bobby Robson foundation as the shirt sponsor (northern rock would surely give permission)

Guest Roger Kint

- Bobby Robson foundation as the shirt sponsor (northern rock would surely give permission)

Why not have both. Have his foundation on the back under the number all season?

You should try and get in touch with the club about that one. Absolutely fantastic idea , remembering Bobby and advertising his charity for cancer sufferers alive today.

Guest Heneage

I can imagine the place being electric and potential sell out if th club would give 10% of tickets to Sir Bobs charity.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It wouldn't involve our first game, but when we play Ipswich it would be fantastic if both teams had the SBR Foundation on their shirts. His 2 great club successes in the English game, plus it's live on TV

Another great idea.

For the first game, a minute's silence followed by those 3 tenors doing Nessun Dorma from the charity game, it was really moving and I think it would also be recognition of his contribution to the England team as well

I couldn't watch it, i left the room.  :weep:

Isnt this Northern Rock's last year? If the club wasn't in such bad straights financially it would be great it we had that as our sponsor in years to come.

If we stay in the Championship, shirt sponsorship would be worth very little and the positive publicity we'd get from this would far outweigh the financial benefits of having greggs on the front of our shirts. Could actually prove to be a clever ploy from the club as they'd possibly sell more shirts to neutrals. Could even donate a small amount from the sale of each shirt to the charity.

In fact were they to use the idea of having the SBR foundation on the front of our shirts for the first couple of games (SBR was an ex WBA player too), why not sell a limited edition of this year's shirt with just that on the front, with all proceeds going to his charity.

There could also be a revamp of the Geordie Jackpot with some money being paid to the charity from the proceeds.

Guest toonlass

So - how do we go about it because you can be sure the sackless fuckers at NUFC won't think or acct on it.

No point in emailing the club through the website. All you get is error messages if you try to email them about anything now.

Guest Geordiesned

I've been in contact recently with the lady who deals with the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation at the Freeman Hospital as I'm raising money for the foundation running the Great North Run this year. I'll email her later and put forward the suggestion of the shirt sponsorship.

I've been in contact recently with the lady who deals with the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation at the Freeman Hospital as I'm raising money for the foundation running the Great North Run this year. I'll email her later and put forward the suggestion of the shirt sponsorship.

:thup:

One minutes silence followed by ninety minutes applause and chants. No mention of Shearer, the board or anything else, just bobby robson bobby robson bobby robson one bobby robson one bobby robson walking along singing a song walking in a robson wonderland.

Good stuff Sned. :thup:

Guest Phil K

Thats a good one.

Thumbs up from me on that. :thup: