Butt weighing up his "options"

TRon

Guest The Libertine
someone in said earlier that NUFCs slide into the lower leagues began when he signed for us and i couldnt agree more.

that'll be souness taking over a few months after he signed. point taken though. he's the worst senior player we have.

I think he could fit in at CH. He reads the game pretty well if nothing else

Yes and no, can see him giving away more penalties than winning challenges. Bit short aswell.

Either way, I can see us pushing him back there in when colo/taylor get injured.

He shouldnt be getting in to the team in midfield unless we have an injury shocker.

Butt can still do a job in the Championship, but more so for a team trying to stay up or finish mid-table.  I'm not certain he is what we need right now as we should be looking for players hungry and capable of supporting us winning the league.  Problem is, the thin squad we have means we either use him or try a youth player if injury or fatigue forces us.  On that grounds I have to accept him to stay I guess.

If Hughton can't see the correlation between Butt's absence and our good results then he needs a kick in the knackers tbh.

Butt doesn't deserve a place in the team. Fuck, he barely deserves to draw oxygen.

If Hughton can't see the correlation between Butt's absence and our good results then he needs a kick in the knackers tbh.

Butt doesn't deserve a place in the team. f***, he barely deserves to draw oxygen.

HARSH

But true.

I'd have him down as 5th choice CM. Just ahead of Geremi. Agree that he could well end up playing centre back a couple of times this season a la Rob Lee (but not as well).

Yep that's the way to go! 5th choice CM who makes a 50K week! So disappointed that Butt's still here but can't make the team at the moment and we were supposed to be clearing out all the overpaid deadwood. I'm still pretty confident that a few "emergency" loan signing will be coming in once the 2 weeks preiod or whatever it is has passed

Unfortunately I think we'll find out he's significantly higher than 5th in the pecking order once he's fully fit. That's where I'd have him though, and there's a case for Geremi being ahead of him due to his vastly superior passing if we can get someone to do his running for him.

I'd be inclined to use him at centre half too. He would still be behind Taylor, colo, Kadar and Simpson though. 5th best centre mid for me. Should of really tried to offload him and get in two loans but probably no-one was willing to take on his wages and I imagine he's held in high regard around the club due to his experience.