Team Captain

beardsleymagic
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wouldn't give Taylor the armband, that would just increase his motivation to charge around with his Hollywood defending, exposing the others. Taylor needs to get that experience to know he needs to cool off at times before he gets the arm band. Pointless talking about captaincy now while it is all up the air. I'd use Harper as an interim tbh, hard to offend him when the manager comes in and decides he prefers an outfield player to be captain.

On the other hand it could be exactly what he needs, will stop him being all "Hollywood" and make him realise he needs to take a bit more responsibility.

He would probably be my choice, he obviously has a lot of passion for the club, really gives a shit and we aren't exactly bursting with candidates (if Beye leaves).

Not really keen on a keeper taking it, unless they are hardcore shouters and organisers (The great Dane) and Harper just isn't.

Guest Geordie Boyo

I voted Steven Taylor, but I really didn't want to.

I'd like to hear that conversation...!

......wey, not really...

Don't think I'd want any of that motley crew taking the armband. It turns my stomach that Alan Smith captains NUFC.

This basically. I don't think anyone on that list is capable of commanding much respect, and most of them aren't fit to wear the shirt never mind the armband.

By the looks of things we're gonna be fielding a few youngsters so we're gonna need someone to lead by example as Captain. I think Barton's got his positive attributes but he's not a shining example to follow. If we fall 2-1 down on a game that's on a knife-edge, or if we're getting bumraped into oblivion by some team - Barton's hardly the sort that will drive the other ten lads forward and give them a boost. He's more likely to get himself sent off, as we've seen.

Barton's someone who'll succumb to frustration rather than use it to his advantage, which is why i'd give it to (the only candidate) Taylor.

Guest diddimz

S Taylor is the only realistic candidate, if Barton didn't have such a colourful past, I would've voted for him.

Guest zogonthetyne

By the looks of things we're gonna be fielding a few youngsters so we're gonna need someone to lead by example as Captain. I think Barton's got his positive attributes but he's not a shining example to follow. If we fall 2-1 down on a game that's on a knife-edge, or if we're getting bumraped into oblivion by some team - Barton's hardly the sort that will drive the other ten lads forward and give them a boost. He's more likely to get himself sent off, as we've seen.

Barton's someone who'll succumb to frustration rather than use it to his advantage, which is why i'd give it to (the only candidate) Taylor.

I think with the added responsibility of captaincy that Barton would perhaps flourish and lose the more undesirable aspects of his game. However, it is almost inevitable that Steven Taylor will one day captain the side, and there's no time like the present.

I think with the added responsibility of captaincy that Barton would perhaps flourish and lose the more undesirable aspects of his game. However, it is almost inevitable that Steven Taylor will one day captain the side, and there's no time like the present.

yes, especially in Shearer's case

After today I voted for Smith. Really worked his socks off and seems to actually shout and order people around unlike that tit Owen. Saylor No due to age (can't see the older players listening to him). Joey no due to him being a violent cunt who can't control his temper. Harper no because he can't seem to order the back 4 during corners never mind the entire team. My observation of Harper goes back into the latter season of the premiership btw.